Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did You become A Techie??

Default How Did You become A Techie??

Hey, How did you become a Techie?? ???

Default Re:How Did You become A Techie??

How Did You become A Techie??

By being grounded, Yep, got punished for doing some crazy stuff when I was young, while being stuck in the house started fooling around the pc and loved it. Even took it apart just to see the parts (Got more punishment) and that's how it all started.

hmmmm.... pops..loved pc's so I had a tandy when they just came out.... lotus123 and test-drive were the hype... then it crashed.. and no-one could fix it.. :'(

time passed - high-school and uwi first year

then I needed an e-mail addres and was re-introduced to the pc.. of coursingly windows had been released by then... 2 foppy drives were no longer standard .. and me.. well I refound love... haven't turned back since ;D

round '95 i started off in what i thought was the fast track to a long career in banking. ended up discovering that i had an apptitude for microsoft access and powerpoint .. the bank seemed to think i had a tech apptitude as well .. ended up being a sys admin., til eventually my fiddling with web stuff on the side lead me to a full time career in the web field

I was born a techi. ;D

I discovered this when I saw this white box (tv looking) in a store one day.

I went abroad when I was between 5-8 give or take 2 years. I say my cousins with a PC and from I touched it was like love at first sight, and I've been hooked since.

It started when St. George's College first introduced the computing program as an extra-curricular activity. Then black and green monochrome monitors were the lick (that's why I can truly identify with the colour of The Matrix). Thay had no hard drives, were on a bus network, had about 1 megabyte of memory and were about 16Mhz in clock speed. They didn't have 3½ floppy drives. Only 5¼ drives were supported. But Test Drive, Dig Dug, Zaxxon & Pac Man could run - that's all we needed. (aaah.... the good 'ol days ;D)

But it was there I got my first tech experience. I was only 13 then. But tinkering with GW-BASIC and getting it to do cool stuff like real-time EGA graphics, drop-down menus, coding mouse & printer drivers and writing what was definitely the first graphics API before DirectX ever existed or before Windows became popular.... those were the things that first got me interested in programming and subsequently, computer technology.

The rest is blissful history.

When I was Ten I saw my uncle use his pc and get a girl...need I say more?

From High school thru to College when I used to be the first one completing my Comp Sci assignments and helping others out.........I knew that was my calling........

Saw my first PC in high school and that was that .... spent many hours in the lab.... guess from there it has held my attention!!