Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kinect is racist!?

Are you all serious? I cannot believe this? Microsoft needs to fix this flaw immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Agreed. Waiting on Evoluce to release their stuff before I buy one though. These guys were already working with multi touch and gesture platforms before Kinect and now that it's here...well they r be going haad. Minority Report tech for the masses at last. I hate standing up in class and giving presentations but I can already see myself doing them with this. And for my mom when she has to give speeches and I have to bring up the next slide for her from somewhere at the front of the audience that can stop now lol

http://www.evoluce.com/en/
    on a serious note, you see yourself using that for anything more than novelty?

Looks tiresome, and inconvenient for normal computer usage. Plus theres a tracking lag I wouldn't be comfortable with. Still early days of the tech sure, but I wouldnt get Kinect just to play around with like that, even if I had extra money. I'd wait to see what is more refined.
    Plus in Minority Report, I'm pretty sure he had to use a glove, which I'm sure aided the tracking, like the PS Move, but without tracking aids I think it will remain too much work for the cameras to do on its own.
    Last edited by chig; Feb 11, 2011 at 06:36 PM.

all we do we try di teacha style...cause im must can show pon deh.