Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LimeWire Software Is Officially Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gibralter View Post
    Which is a good torrent site?
    I use http://www.yourbittorrent.com/ which kinda down now lol ... and http://www.demonoid.com/ you need an invite to get onto demonoid thou

Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    Sorry. It's against the rules to discuss that here on TechJa..
    no discussions necessary ... he asked a general question..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Wonder how long before they start hunting down torrent sites
    They started already. Mininova and Piratebay have already been hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSnake View Post
    Pirate bay is alive and well...........lol
    Pirate bay only has legit contents and has been moved to different servers.

I didn't think people still used Pirate Bay.

there will always n forevr be some form of free filsharing cause u always gonna have ppl who are against organizastion such as the RIAA.....

ther are loads n loads of free applications out there....
    what i happening however is that they going after the most poppular ones first....

alot of torrent sites get dem warning n all so its jus a matter of time...

Yall remember napster?
    the was THEEEEEE biggest file sharing software.... i rem when i used to get songs off a dat thing yo...lol......

so its jus a mater of going after the big fish first

our free world is coming to an end
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    They started already. Mininova and Piratebay have already been hit.

Pirate bay only has legit contents and has been moved to different servers.
    nope...... PIRATE BAY is still good for the truck back goods ..argggggggg
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

limewire?? people still have that virus on their computer?
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

I have never gotten a virus from limewire, i never had any problem with limewire either....... all be it i only use limewire for dl'n MUSIC

i have never used ares either ....... . ares is = to viri fill brothel imo

most if not all the ppl that have gotten viruses via limewire did not get viruses from lime wire but from the crap the dummbly downloaded via lime wire...... dumb thing will happen to dumb ppl more often.

if some1 is stupid enuff to dl a video or music file with .EXE at the end .......serves their dumbified self right.

to each their own
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Heck good riddance, I won't miss it. It was decent back in the days when dial-up connections were plenty yes but most people have broadband now, so torrents is the way to go.

I used to use limewire on my rig before the last one I had and dam that app was a resource hag. It just felt like a virus by itself and cause me to format quite a few times.

I for one think torrents are harder to shutdown as there are countless out there with more being created each day. By the time they shutdown a popular one another one emergies and 5 more branch off, etc.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Heck good riddance, I won't miss it. It was decent back in the days when dial-up connections were plenty yes but most people have broadband now, so torrents is the way to go.

I used to use limewire on my rig before the last one I had and dam that app was a resource hag. It just felt like a virus by itself and cause me to format quite a few times.

I for one think torrents are harder to shutdown as there are countless out there with more being created each day. By the time they shutdown a popular one another one emergies and 5 more branch off, etc.
    Torrents can get hit too. Sure it's nothing to create torrent files to share data, but what happens when the servers storing these files are taken down? You'll be stuck accessing data from people you know directly or indirectly. It would be a nightmare finding torrents. Another method of distributing torrent files would have to be found. And of course the authorities might decide to join in the fun and get those files so they can seed them too... just so they can get people's IPs and do some more prosecuting.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions