Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give your Android Review

we all love how android icons looks so sexy - too bad seh dem cya properly theme it LMAO

anyway, as i am saying - want an opinion on a phone to get cuz i want to upgrade from a G1 to something with specs equivalent to an iphone 3GS
    Last edited by vylle; Oct 25, 2010 at 09:50 AM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    im looking for availability - something where if it so happens to pop up on techja or shopinja it would be something worth getting. i only thought milestone cuz.. i must admit - i like how it looks but i hate motoblur.
    there is no motoblur for the milestone at this point in time ... sorry yes the milestone 2 would be the phone to get but at the time of purchasing my milestone part 2 was not out yet.... in either way I'm quite comfortable with the milestone even though motorola locks the kernel so complete custom roms cannot be achieved as yet the screen is pretty cool and the qwerty keyboard is awesome camera is pretty decent better that alot that is out now and if rooted can be overclocked 1.6ghz mad!!!!!
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

that is REEEAAALLLLYYY strange willy, i thought that there were complete custom roms available for the milestone. seen ALOT of them available so.. yeah

ANYWAY!!! im glad you wrote. i know this may take some of your time but can you take some pics with your camera and post them so i can see?? show me some stuff u can do with ur phone cuz i would like to know if the DROID would be a good phone to get for now
    Facebook || Twitter

that is REEEAAALLLLYYY strange willy, i thought that there were complete custom roms available for the milestone. seen ALOT of them available so.. yeah

Could you name a few please? running the froyo, motorola locks the kernel for the milestone so for some functions u will never get the full potential out of it.
    and yes when i get time i will post
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Could you name a few please? running the froyo, motorola locks the kernel for the milestone so for some functions u will never get the full potential out of it.
    and yes when i get time i will post
    did some research yesterday and it turns out that your right.. apparently moto look like dem dont want the milestone rooted to it full potential
    Facebook || Twitter

I've owned a G1, Vibrant and G2.

G1 was solid and a pretty great phone. Of course, in retrospect there's really no space to do anything on there and the phone is slow by today's standards. But now it's in the wifeys hands (she's not a techy by any means) and she actually likes it. For the first time I'm seeing her browse and use apps and now she even asks about them so I suspect she'll be a droidie soon enough. Battery life was so-so but I got an extended one that lasts for almost a week with light use.

G2 was again, solid and a great phone. Fast as hell when doing just about everything. My issues with it are the sliding mechanism which may have a problem - thought it may be in my head, but a week after I got it the slider was a bit loose. This may just be the way the phone is designed, but it makes it difficult to wear it on the hip. Otherwise I hated the tinny audio (G1 has tinny audio, in fact any phone that doesn't have stereo external speakers has tinny audio) and the camera leaves something to be desired. You can at least 'fix' what the camera lacks by getting a good camera App. The screen is pretty bright and uses very little juice. You can't see it in the daylight at low settings, you must set it to max, but if you leave it at auto it maxes out at 7-9% in battery use from full to no charge.
    Battey life is so-so when you use GPS but pretty good when just bouncing from wifi to wcdma and auto-syncing. You can go a few days without a charge with light use and 1 or 2 days with moderate use.
    The phone is pretty heavy, but one of the thinnest sliders I've seen/handled.

Vibrant - LOVED the Vibrant but after a while it's kind of like a turtle in rabbit's clothing. The phone is, by stock...laggy, slow and it stutters with the most minor of tasks because of a botched proprietary filing system Samsung uses. That being said, if you're willing to root and lag fix the phone (something I refuse to do) then you're at least alright till the lag fix forces you to reboot or pull the battery. The phone's been plagued with issues - messed up gps core software and an inconsistent (with android standards) contact manager. Otherwise, it's a pretty good phone though. Features stereo external and dolby through the jack sound, the SAMOLED screen is nice. The camera is amazing, but the lack of flash makes it useless when there's no light. Even low light/night pics are great though. The phone is thin and light. Battery life is so so and if you set it to auto switch the screen brightness you're lucky to get a full day out of the battery. My remedy was setting it to 0 brightness (which is still well visible in the daytime) and at that point I could use it moderately throughout the day and charge it at night. With light use you MAY get 1 or 2 days but def. not 3.

My next phone and probably last until something with a dual core cpu comes along will be a mytouch 4G coming on Nov. 3
    Last edited by Neoprimal; Oct 26, 2010 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoprimal View Post
    I've owned a G1, Vibrant and G2.

G1 was solid and a pretty great phone. Of course, in retrospect there's really no space to do anything on there and the phone is slow by today's standards. But now it's in the wifeys hands (she's not a techy by any means) and she actually likes it. For the first time I'm seeing her browse and use apps and now she even asks about them so I suspect she'll be a droidie soon enough. Battery life was so-so but I got an extended one that lasts for almost a week with light use.

G2 was again, solid and a great phone. Fast as hell when doing just about everything. My issues with it are the sliding mechanism which may have a problem - thought it may be in my head, but a week after I got it the slider was a bit loose. This may just be the way the phone is designed, but it makes it difficult to wear it on the hip. Otherwise I hated the tinny audio (G1 has tinny audio, in fact any phone that doesn't have stereo external speakers has tinny audio) and the camera leaves something to be desired. You can at least 'fix' what the camera lacks by getting a good camera App. The screen is pretty bright and uses very little juice. You can't see it in the daylight at low settings, you must set it to max, but if you leave it at auto it maxes out at 7-9% in battery use from full to no charge.
    Battey life is so-so when you use GPS but pretty good when just bouncing from wifi to wcdma and auto-syncing. You can go a few days without a charge with light use and 1 or 2 days with moderate use.
    The phone is pretty heavy, but one of the thinnest sliders I've seen/handled.

Vibrant - LOVED the Vibrant but after a while it's kind of like a turtle in rabbit's clothing. The phone is, by stock...laggy, slow and it stutters with the most minor of tasks because of a botched proprietary filing system Samsung uses. That being said, if you're willing to root and lag fix the phone (something I refuse to do) then you're at least alright till the lag fix forces you to reboot or pull the battery. The phone's been plagued with issues - messed up gps core software and an inconsistent (with android standards) contact manager. Otherwise, it's a pretty good phone though. Features stereo external and dolby through the jack sound, the SAMOLED screen is nice. The camera is amazing, but the lack of flash makes it useless when there's no light. Even low light/night pics are great though. The phone is thin and light. Battery life is so so and if you set it to auto switch the screen brightness you're lucky to get a full day out of the battery. My remedy was setting it to 0 brightness (which is still well visible in the daytime) and at that point I could use it moderately throughout the day and charge it at night. With light use you MAY get 1 or 2 days but def. not 3.

My next phone and probably last until something with a dual core cpu comes along will be a mytouch 4G coming on Nov. 3
    funny, my experience with the Vibrant has been much better than what you mention...you must have a bad batch. I use my phone heavily through the day and it's dead by 10pm..I've rooted and install Bionix rom and have yet to experience a lag, or a need for a lag fix..gps is much better and accurate but still *****es around...and yea, the phone DOES NOT reboot at all, never did. Only when I wanted to flash a new bionix rom. Trust me bionix rom is the boss on the Vibrant IMO..plus the developer listens..and the radio(gsm) rules, i pick up signal better than my nexus ever did.

Anyway a real ediat user should not be force to do this..so DAMN U SAMSUNG..I hope the Nexus Two u working on is stock without your grease all over it..and use a more a expensive gps this time! .. UR MOVE SAMSUNG>>UR MOVE

we all love how android icons looks so sexy - too bad seh dem cya properly theme it LMAO

anyway, as i am saying - want an opinion on a phone to get cuz i want to upgrade from a G1 to something with specs equivalent to an iphone 3GS
    g2...nexus..droid pro..desire hd..windows phone 7 lol
    Last edited by ram130; Oct 27, 2010 at 01:16 AM.
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

Hoping to give my review soon about my droid2 global just got it rooted and battery life is a whole lot better and wireless tether madddd right now only thing I miss is bbm but I guess after awhile it will be forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    Hoping to give my review soon about my droid2 global just got it rooted and battery life is a whole lot better and wireless tether madddd right now only thing I miss is bbm but I guess after awhile it will be forgotten
    Interesting. .
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130