Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rift: Planes of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    How so Sir Lighting?
    I think the art direction and the general "feel" of the game is more familiar to players of the popular Western MMO.
    Granted Guild Wars 2 is also a western game but it's art style doesn't follow the abstract/rugged direction this one has, or most western games follow.
    Guild Wars 2 has more of a clean cut smooth art style, which is closer to eastern style than western. We all know that visuals are the initial attractor.

Quote Originally Posted by kev007_2002 View Post
    my question, will this be f2p?

edit, found it in the site faqs
    Ah yes I forgot to add that too. I seem to be slacking.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

They have announced that their first Closed Beta will be December 3rd.
    My invitation is in the raffle and I'll know soon if I got in.
    Last edited by Angel of Lightning; Dec 2, 2010 at 08:38 AM.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

ahh p2p well.. i need to know how di skills will look as in animation before i spend money. if they have lame looking skills like aion den forget it
    CPU ATHLON II X4 635 3.4GHZ OC
    RAM 16GB DDR3 1600
    GFX ASUS HD 4870 1GB dark knight
    MOBO ASRock M3A785GXH/128M

#Registered. Not holding my breath though.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

i just signed up aswell
    CPU ATHLON II X4 635 3.4GHZ OC
    RAM 16GB DDR3 1600
    GFX ASUS HD 4870 1GB dark knight
    MOBO ASRock M3A785GXH/128M

Got Accepted into the Beta.
    This weekend.
    Time to feel this baby out.

They send me my invite exactly one day after the beta starts and it finishes on monday -_-
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Keep us up to date I didn't check the thread so I missed out on the beta I heard it was only 3 days though, someone was mentioning to me they don't see the point of registering for a 3 day beta.

Quote Originally Posted by DjMiGz View Post
    ahh p2p well.. i need to know how di skills will look as in animation before i spend money. if they have lame looking skills like aion den forget it
    You must be looking for some flashy animation like Cabal, 2 Moons, SRO etc.... or something because Aion is of high graphical detail I think its one of the games that was running on the UT3 engine, it was extremely detailed when I played it.
    Last edited by Anubis; Dec 6, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Aion ran on the Cryengine actually.

Well I had some very bad luck this weekend.
    Internet gave me hell to download it and I worked a very chaotic shift at the hospital so I didn't even get much time to sleep much less play.
    Anyway the key my pal gave me is for access to ALL Betas. He's a Korean, does translating for Curse, so they handed him a couple keys and he gave me one. So I'll be in on the next one.