Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rift: Planes of Telara

Default Rift: Planes of Telara

This is a new game coming out. I've had a Beta invitation for a while now, The Beta starts soon. I haven't dug too much into it but I figure I'd share.

This one claims to have a dynamic world which is constantly growing and changing. It will also be a Pay to Play game.

One o the Trailers

Gameplay walk Through

Instances | Dynamic World | Classes | Races | Zones

Ascended Class System

MMOSite | Official Website
    Last edited by Angel of Lightning; Oct 17, 2010 at 01:00 PM.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

GFX look gud.. finnally something new to look at
    CPU ATHLON II X4 635 3.4GHZ OC
    RAM 16GB DDR3 1600
    GFX ASUS HD 4870 1GB dark knight
    MOBO ASRock M3A785GXH/128M

Graphics looks good yes but what about events, pvps etc.? What else is there to do other than questing?
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

More than likely commerce, family life and work
    If "More" is really always "Less", then why am i constantly losing money?

Beta invitation huh? Mr. Lighting please step into my office , I wasn't impressed by the presentation (not the game but the presenter himself)but it could turn out to be a game worth checking out.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Heh you guys showed more interest in it than I expected. But then again I'm not surprised.
    Yeah I got a Beta invitation, I don't believe it guarantees me entrance into the first but it will get me into one. A friend of mine in Germany got two extra keys and passed me one. I believe she gave her friend the other one too. :P

Anyway if I do get into the first I'll see what I can hint at without NDA breaking. Haha. I'll also keep you all in mind if I get invitations to give out myself which is likely.

There is a lot fo information on their official site which I forgot to link you to I'm very sorry. Rift: Planes of Telara

Here is a video of one of their main features. This is actually what made me take a double take of this game.
    Last edited by Angel of Lightning; Oct 16, 2010 at 12:17 PM.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

Heh you guys showed more interest in it than I expected. But then again I'm not surprised.
    How so Sir Lighting?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Some elements of ut remind me of wow others of Aion. Would love to play at least in an open beta though, nvr get selected for these things.

worst game iv seen u post yet angel.. this nuh impress me at all..
    Discord Zelink#7178

my question, will this be f2p?

edit, found it in the site faqs
    Will I have to buy a subscription to play Rift: Planes of Telara?

Yes, you will need to buy a monthly subscription to play Rift: Planes of Telara. However, the exact price is still being determined and will be announced much closer to game’s launch.
    i love my country, but i fear my elected officials
    Call me on 3538447.
    topdogclu @ hotmail.com