Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TVJ News Report: Flow to offer 50MB & 100MB Residential Internet Service.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    I dont understand your line of reasoning whats is essential problem you have with FLOW offering that speed.
    Read my post again, what you're thinking is not what i'm saying, if you want me to explain something specific so you see where i'm going i'll do that....and i have had flow services for about 4yrs now, just no tripple play where i am now....so technically i'm not a "you people" zeen?
    Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Technically, its quite simple to explain. They have boat loads of excess capacity so it doesn't really cost them more to turn up speeds. Rollout on the other hand requires significant capital expenditure.
    But in normal business planning such plans would come with a normal timeline for roll out....this is my question, why go beyond me market average of roughly 4-5Mbs by offering 10-20x more when your already offering service that has atleast a 200% greater capacity than your nearest competitor, so from a business perspective why go for the over kill now when you're already market leader. Who does that? Unless you know about something that could threaten your current market position...all i'm sayin
    If "More" is really always "Less", then why am i constantly losing money?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    well. guess i need another hdd ..........
    I need 2 more.........................
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Eynestyne View Post
    Idea! I know the government is BROKE!? But, if they fibre the rest of the island, they could then charge flow and other telecoms companys to use it. It would take a bit of money, much more than chicken feed
    That would be a serious capital injection. If it was workable it would be like when the gov built the port of kingston and contracted its operation to a firm with the technical expertise, though still retaining a controlling interest....hmmm, we've seen what that could do, lol. Besides they already own a 1.5 trillion dollar debt

Quote Originally Posted by grim386 View Post
    I need 2 more.........................
    bredda how much pr0n u need so.....

any1 got a actual link to the tvj post thinngy to confirm this
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    ...this is my question, why go beyond me market average of roughly 4-5Mbs by offering 10-20x more when your already offering service that has atleast a 200% greater capacity than your nearest competitor, so from a business perspective why go for the over kill now when you're already market leader. Who does that? Unless you know about something that could threaten your current market position...all i'm sayin
    Now you are onto something, perhaps there is something coming that offers higher speeds than their previous offerings so they are being preemptive instead of reactive.

Good read Scoundrel.

bredda how much pr0n u need so....
    DWL, i like this, in times past i'd actually write pron on those dvds to conceal dem identity from my wife....lol, she goes like "pron, which movie that", up to this day...
    Last edited by Scoundrel; Oct 16, 2010 at 10:54 AM.

any1 got a actual link to the tvj post thinngy to confirm this
    Flow posted it on their facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=451753249394
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    That would be a serious capital injection. If it was workable it would be like when the gov built the port of kingston and contracted its operation to a firm with the technical expertise, though still retaining a controlling interest....hmmm, we've seen what that could do, lol. Besides they already own a 1.5 trillion dollar debt

Not quite wat i was thinking..It would be like puttin in an infrastructure.. Like how they build roads (yes yes i kno). But! they would collect toll to use it. Not only that, but as i said, more than one company could use it (even more toll) given the high capacity of fibre.

Hope that makes my idea clearer

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    I dont understand your line of reasoning whats is essential problem you have with FLOW offering that speed.You People complain that DIGCEL is too slow and inconsistent and now FLOW is too fast .why not make use of the technology if you are in a coverage area.The Logistics to cover the island was underestimated by FLOW so they have been woefully lacking in that department ,but for the most part they offering a product that relative to LIME cheaper per kbps, hence make use of it and stop finding something to complain about
    Yeah i agree with you...
    you really don't understand what he's saying.
    "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?", well then, i've come to one cunclusion: Most people are blind!

Quote Originally Posted by marlonxp View Post
    100mb/s / 8 = 12.5mB/s
    wow,u mean 12000KB/S downlaod speed, i didnt even know it could go so high,
    the most i ever experience was 3000KB/S
    “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” Peter F. Drucker
    current stuff:iphone 2g
    sony vaio laptop.
    i do not know everything but i just know where to find the solution