Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TVJ News Report: Flow to offer 50MB & 100MB Residential Internet Service.

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    Think it will be great browsing @ 100mb i cant wait
    Browsing will more or less remain the same .. streaming and downloading is where you'll see the big diff ...

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    imagine my demonoid download to upload ratio with a 100mb connection.
    imagine cod 4 on that..
    hulu...
    youtube 720 p videos only please..

I'm on 8mb now and i always watch youtube at 720 or 1080 .. i wish i could set it to the default for all vids where available...

With 100megs i'm thinking more on the lines of opening an internet cafe or something
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Oct 15, 2010 at 10:58 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

50mb and 100mb speeds, jah know star a dem tings yah mek man vex now, dem speed deh iyah and only work man can get it, all know dem nu reach my zone yet, mi need fi gi dem a call as day light star
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

A no you alone vex ,me want flow so me can experience real speed ,lime sux not even want give me more than 1mb

It is about time Jamaica caught up to the other developed nations. Technology is the only thing we can use to educate our youths right now. These speeds are good but I want to see more area covered still..
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

Quote Originally Posted by nuhsenutten View Post
    It'd b just like having a lambo and living in deep rural JA ...It nuh mek nuh sense!
    Actually, if the rest of the world is doing it i don't see why the same trends shouldn't be followed locally, or maybe....flow always tends to try to eliminate its competition, but at that level? Hmmmm....if you see where i'm going
    Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    I have checked online for 100MB prices and they aren't pretty. 50MB goes for around J$10,000 and 100MB goes for around J$18,000. I'm guessing it will cost us around the same. maybe less considering that we are now getting 20MB at $3,760.
    You don't see sum'n strange? Obviously flow know something, if its not broken why fix it? 12 & 20Mbs is unlike anything we know, how many people could push that? Either way i smell a rat, well maybe not a stink one but why dish out more capital to feed that investment if you just made a big jump 2weeks ago....seems pleasant, but odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mega man View Post
    all now dem nu reach my zone yet, mi need fi gi dem a call as day light star
    See this is where i see the flaw: (1) They broke their agreement with the GOJ by not expanding in the timely manner as per the terms established in their license, (2) They silently push Dekal for wireless expansion into remote areas where there's no fibre link, (3) They blew digi wimax away by upgrading people to 12 & 20 megs and (4) Dem have plans to jump to 50 & 100 megs after dem say dem broke and before dem try to increase their coverage? Something else we don't know of may be afoot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatis View Post
    These speeds are good but I want to see more area covered still..
    Finally...spoken like a true brethrin, any chance you drink red stripe...lol
    If "More" is really always "Less", then why am i constantly losing money?

wat kind of speed would 100MB and 50MB be in KB/S,
    someone do the conversion
    “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” Peter F. Drucker
    current stuff:iphone 2g
    sony vaio laptop.
    i do not know everything but i just know where to find the solution

100mb/s / 8 = 12.5mB/s

Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    Actually, if the rest of the world is doing it i don't see why the same trends shouldn't be followed locally, or maybe....flow always tends to try to eliminate its competition, but at that level? Hmmmm....if you see where i'm going

You don't see sum'n strange? Obviously flow know something, if its not broken why fix it? 12 & 20Mbs is unlike anything we know, how many people could push that? Either way i smell a rat, well maybe not a stink one but why dish out more capital to feed that investment if you just made a big jump 2weeks ago....seems pleasant, but odd.

See this is where i see the flaw: (1) They broke their agreement with the GOJ by not expanding in the timely manner as per the terms established in their license, (2) They silently push Dekal for wireless expansion into remote areas where there's no fibre link, (3) They blew digi wimax away by upgrading people to 12 & 20 megs and (4) Dem have plans to jump to 50 & 100 megs after dem say dem broke and before dem try to increase their coverage? Something else we don't know of may be afoot!

Finally...spoken like a true brethrin, any chance you drink red stripe...lol
    I dont understand your line of reasoning whats is essential problem you have with FLOW offering that speed.You People complain that DIGCEL is too slow and inconsistent and now FLOW is too fast .why not make use of the technology if you are in a coverage area.The Logistics to cover the island was underestimated by FLOW so they have been woefully lacking in that department ,but for the most part they offering a product that relative to LIME cheaper per kbps, hence make use of it and stop finding something to complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    ...See this is where i see the flaw: (1) They broke their agreement with the GOJ by not expanding in the timely manner as per the terms established in their license, (2) They silently push Dekal for wireless expansion into remote areas where there's no fibre link, (3) They blew digi wimax away by upgrading people to 12 & 20 megs and (4) Dem have plans to jump to 50 & 100 megs after dem say dem broke and before dem try to increase their coverage? Something else we don't know of may be afoot!
    Technically, its quite simple to explain. They have boat loads of excess capacity so it doesn't really cost them more to turn up speeds. Rollout on the other hand requires significant capital expenditure. How long did it take for C&W to have island-wide coverage, oops I don't that has even been accomplished after 100 years of existence. Lets face it, we have another 5-8 years before Flow has significant island-wide coverage so until then they are being good Corporate citizens by increasing sponsoring, and attempting to provide value to existing customers.

Is a price increase coming in the future... most certainly but that is more to do with exchange rates, the health of the world economy and their operational expenses.

I agree that more coverage is needed. But that seems soooo far off!

Idea! I know the government is BROKE!? But, if they fibre the rest of the island, they could then charge flow and other telecoms companys to use it. It would take a bit of money, much more than chicken feed, but it could be a win-win.

It would also be good to have a line that is not owned by any particular company, a customer could switch provider without the need for new lines being installed.