Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Ubuntu 10.10 is out

ya man canonical has been putting in a lot a work to push ubuntu on top
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

I had my ubuntu up for 7days going in and out of stand by each day...try that with Windows 7 and I made it to 5 days but after a while it GOT SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW coming out of a stand by then a blue screen...today after 1month in ubuntu I finally went back to Windows 7 to burn a troubling .avi file to dvd..it was getting late so I decided to close the lid which puts it in stand by, after 1hour uptime...woke up the next morning, open it..took 2mins to fully load out of stand by! ubuntu was like 10seconds after 1 week...

Been converting people all over NY to Ubuntu, I just wish the music producing section was on par or better so I could completely forget Windows..

Also If it wasn't for my Google Laptop(CR 48) too, I'd be more productive lol...the speed of linux just amaze me.
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

Ok, I have found 1 issue with Ubuntu 10.10. My laptop has an ATI Radeon Express 200M video card and apparently, the linux driver support for ATI cards just sucks. ATI discontinued their driver development for these older graphics cards, so Ubuntu has to use open source drivers which don't support all the functions of the card as well. So, when I try to output to an external monitor, there are artifacts and the visual quality is poor.

That's messed up, because I work a lot with dual monitors. But it's not a show stopper.

complete opposite, it too 3weeks

Default Ubunti

i loaded a older version of ubunti on my laptop and it worked fine it found all the driver except the ethernet lam card i had made a backup of the harddrive in iso so everyting went well!