Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 10.10 is out

Default Ubuntu 10.10 is out

Super-fast and great-looking, Ubuntu is a secure, intuitive operating system that powers desktops, servers, netbooks and laptops. Ubuntu is, and always will be, absolutely free.
    http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/features
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Wow... all the pomp and partying that usually comes with ubuntu releases seems to have died off. I never even remembered that ubuntu was due an upgrade.
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

lol seems so.. or ppl just got comfortable with the LTS release... i'm actually contemplating if i should keep the LTS or go to 10.10
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    Wow... all the pomp and partying that usually comes with ubuntu releases seems to have died off. I never even remembered that ubuntu was due an upgrade.
    LOL, Ubuntu, and linux in general is now mainstream and no longer radical so the hype and wagonism gone. Just business as usual with ur OS of choice.

Tell some of my fellow IT professionals that 4 yrs ago and they would've laughed at me.
    THANK GOD

Thank you for the update.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Thanks for this. Expected it. Waited on it. Fixes an issue I had where my N USB was not being found.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I updated my installation last week using the command line. I haven't noticed any difference yet. BTW, you can expect the .04 release every April and the .10 release every October.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    LOL, Ubuntu, and linux in general is now mainstream and no longer radical so the hype and wagonism gone. Just business as usual with ur OS of choice.
    G2 are you saying linux on the desktop is mainstream? most sites I check Linux in general is close to around 2% market share on desktop.
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    G2 are you saying linux on the desktop is mainstream? most sites I check Linux in general is close to around 2% market share on desktop.
    Linux usage in general, whether SERVERS, desktop, NETBOOKS, SLATES/PADS, SMARTPHONES, DEDICATED/EMBEDED RTOS DEVICES, doesn't matter. Linux is probably the most widely used OS technology there is.

whats the percentage on netbooks right now? and i dear you not run go find out what the server stats are like. I bet u don't go do that?

Come back and tell us what your findings are.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    whats the percentage on netbooks right now? and i dear you not run go find out what the server stats are like. I bet u don't go do that?

Come back and tell us what your findings are.
    Yute don't think im bashing linux... Im a fan, i know the stats on servers. Around 600 of our servers are linux. I just wanted you to clarify your statement; i interpreted it as if you were saying Linux desktops are mainstream!
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau