Thread: Windows Live login error

Exclamation Windows Live login error

User has been getting this error from Sunday whenever she tries to login into any Microsoft service that requires a login - "You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect email address or password -

I've tried cleaning the browser cache, temp files, checked the date and time on her computer... everything. Tried logging in from a diff. computer and ISP - same error.

I've checked several forums and it seems she isn't the only one... she is 1 of over 20,000+ people over the world that is having this problem. I'm having no luck in getting resolutions from anywhere.

I'm hoping someone here have experienced this before and know a fix... please.

try lower caps on password you may have entered password with caps lock on when you created the account, assuming it's a new account.
    If not look as similar issues here you may find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by lojikal View Post
    try lower caps on password you may have entered password with caps lock on when you created the account, assuming it's a new account.
    If not look as similar issues here you may find a solution.
    Lojikal, the person have had this account for over 3 years... i change the password again, taking note if its lower caps or not. Still not getting though. As you can see here I'm not the only person experiencing this.

here's what you can do, first update or make sure you have the latest win live and the send a submission to the win live team stating that you forgot your password they'll require your email along with some info, after getting the new password you should be good to go, now don't sign in with win live messenger, use a third party app like trillian and sign in, once in you can always log out and you should be back to normal using win live messenger