Thread: Launch of SkillsWeek Jamaica 2010

Default Launch of SkillsWeek Jamaica 2010

The Minister of Education was the Guest Speaker at the Launch. Officials from WorldSkills Jamaica gave details of the competition, which this year features 40 skill areas in 12 skill sectors, including Agriculture, IT and Commercial Skills, Early Childhood Care and Dev...elopment, Health-Related Services, Hospitality and Culinary Arts and Industrial Maintenance. Known as the Skills Olympics, the competition draws entrants from HEART Trust/NTA institutions, high schools and industry and will run from October 6 – 7 at the University of Technology, Jamaica.

See others: http://www.facebook.com/WorldSkillsJamaica
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Any of you guys entering this? Even if you don't reach far, the exposure alone makes it worthwhile.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

whatever happened with this event did it come off who won etc. An Update would be nice. Did any of us enter?
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

I went and did a little digging because this caught my attention. Below is the website for WorldSkillsJamaica

The site seems to be lacking a lot of information on the competition mentioned above and no pics etc. But I guess it can only get better
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

i dunno if its a "who won" kinda competition cos many skill areas are involved and participants are award on a gold/silver/bronze basis while the top performer from each skill i think gets some sort of scholarship?! (scholarship verification needed). and some are chosen for the world skills in Canada. its a fun event i tell you. i was apart of the first one way back in 2003, and someone says the exposure........

BTW, the medals are awarded to everyone. its like CXC u are awarded based on your performance........................
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........