Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bash 4G?

Well I could care less, all I know is that my speeds no longer go above 60kb/s... its essentially 2 times faster than edge in my area, the same speed as claro 3g in my area, and ten times faster than GPRS in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Samwells View Post
    With all due respect, I beg to differ, I have been exposed to Digicel's WIMAX as a business customer from back in 2008...the service was unstable since that time boss, checks with other IT Managers who used the service since that time has revealed that its "too slow for what we want to do"..."its not stable"....And its a good estimation that less than 1% of corporate Jamaica uses the service...so the "whole heap a people a use it argument" makes no sense. And if that is so, if more people use it how will that help solve any problems?

In my opinion, a substandard product was launched to the public...
    Actually the figures are between 20 and 30% in corporate Jamaica. Its two different things really, two totally different technologies. The one they released to d public shouldv been the more advanced version but I dont know how its really like this.

As you said it has nothing to do with load because I started experiencing the problems One Week after soft launch i.e. No modems were available in any of the stores islandwide, plus it was not being advertised. No way could it have been a load problem, it just nuh set up right, simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    Well im not a business person and if i was i would never choose a service like that for my business unless there is absolutely no way of getting wired broadband and if i did go that way i would have to get from multiple entities so i would always have a backup cuz we all know the unstableness of wireless internet so that was those ppl mistake in the first place
    Wimax i other countries dont have this problem, plus Wifi work well here...

Well I could care less really, all I know is that my speeds no longer go above 60kb/s... its essentially 2 times faster than edge in my area, the same speed as claro 3g in my area, and ten times faster than GPRS in my area.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 26, 2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Well i dont have the service but i do know dat its a new service dem offering to the mass population and like most new services wen they are just introduced they are plagued with problems so maybe everyone just needs to wait till the service matures a little before passing judgement cuz i doubt dat digi knew that so much ppl would jump on the service so quickly so the system probably wasnt really optimized for so much usage.
    And maybe the reason some ppl getting better speeds is cuz the tower that covering them has direct fiber running to it as opposed to LOS backhaul cuz like you guys said its expensive to run direct fiber to all those towers and digi might be a litte short on funds rite now maybe we should just give dem some time.
    True..

This is the second time they under estimated how many users would be jumpin onto their service. The first time wasn't too bad

Well im not a business person and if i was i would never choose a service like that for my business unless there is absolutely no way of getting wired broadband and if i did go that way i would have to get from multiple entities so i would always have a backup cuz we all know the unstableness of wireless internet so that was those ppl mistake in the first place
    This is so true. But its up to the engineers or Techie to advise the business person. Does Jamaica have a lack of technical ppl who can properly advise others?
    Wired is always best.. not only in the business sense..

Actually the figures are between 20 and 30% in corporate Jamaica. Its two different things really, two totally different technologies. The one they released to d public shouldv been the more advanced version but I dont know how its really like this.

As you said it has nothing to do with load because I started experiencing the problems One Week after soft launch i.e. No modems were available in any of the stores islandwide, plus it was not being advertised. No way could it have been a load problem, it just nuh set up right, simple.
    Just curious, did you add any hardware other than computers? I have been looking into the short comings of the CPE.

I wondered how they managed to sell a WiMax-Wifi AP for such a low price (cheap wifi AP should be around $5000).

I found the CPE is a bit... well cheap! or very simple
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 26, 2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eynestyne View Post
    LOL! Just being objective. I'm not a banwagganish.
    You know I am right.

Seems I stepped on your corn LOL!

80% Land Area

50% Population

Please read carefully. Not tryin to diss. U seem to have simply misread.
    Where on Gods Earth you getting these figures?
    THANK GOD

they not exact.

1. About 50% of population lives in and around kingston and urban areas
    2. minus the land areas of the main urban centers from the total area of JA

if someone has exact stats please post. i make no claims on exactness. in fact the numbers are not the point of wat i was sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by jahman182 View Post
    Consider yourself lucky. Good to see some positive feedback, as I imagine we may not see all the positives here but more from disgruntled users. Be aware you will come under severe harassment as evidenced below. (An upset user no doubt).

Uncalled for comment bro, but one can come to the realization you're upset. Not everyone with Digi 4G having the problems as you and many others seem to suffer from. So them entitled to their feedback to good or bad.
    Really impressive perspective, i really shows proves that we can always enjoy difference in opinions and still be respectfully socially, i dub thee "most diplomatic and reasonable".
    If "More" is really always "Less", then why am i constantly losing money?

Dammit, what's up with this thread starter?

If was a case where only 10 out of 1000 had a problem then based on the vast majority rule then the problem probably isn't Digi's fault.

But when you have 990 unsatisfied customer out of 1000 with only 10 satisfied. Then it shows us that Digicel has a crappy service.

These are the reason why we bash. We pay for 10Mb/s at most and and 6Mb/s at average.

Are you getting what you paid for? I, sure as hell am not.
    Sug Digi PoorG wah flush down the toilet
    "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?", well then, i've come to one cunclusion: Most people are blind!

well maybe the mistake dat digi made was to cap everyone at 10Mb/s wen they clearly dont have enough bandwidth to supply to each customer so maybe they shoul have just capped every1 at 4Mb/s and charge $1500 or 2 grand montly for the service and give a data limit of 10-20 gigs then cut your speed to 1Mb/s after

geez people can get so sensitive and emotional. its not like Digicel held a gun to ur heads and forced you to buy the modem. i think if you want to be angry you should be angry at yourself for making a mistake. life is not perfect, when you leave the safety of your home and go out into the world everyday you roll the dice, you take the risk, you know that? i think people should take it down a notch geez even threatening to kill themselves if Digicel dont better their 4G service.

i notice everybody always want the new toy but get mad then its not what the ad on tv says it is, like your power ranger lunch box LMAO. relax people, Digicel is NOT forcing you to buy their device(s) or use their service(s).

yes everybody want high speed internet but not everybody has access to such luxury, if its such a big deal then rearrange your lives to better suite your internet needs. eg move to a area that has high speed internet for cheap.

take it down a notch people

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    geez people can get so sensitive and emotional. its not like Digicel held a gun to ur heads and forced you to buy the modem. i think if you want to be angry you should be angry at yourself for making a mistake. life is not perfect, when you leave the safety of your home and go out into the world everyday you roll the dice, you take the risk, you know that? i think people should take it down a notch geez even threatening to kill themselves if Digicel dont better their 4G service.

i notice everybody always want the new toy but get mad then its not what the ad on tv says it is, like your power ranger lunch box LMAO. relax people, Digicel is NOT forcing you to buy their device(s) or use their service(s).

yes everybody want high speed internet but not everybody has access to such luxury, if its such a big deal then rearrange your lives to better suite your internet needs. eg move to a area that has high speed internet for cheap.

sounds like you got your head up your @**
    how could it be our fault they're not giving us what we pay for
    it fall back on them to make sure their customers are satisfied
    a unsatisfied customer = no customer
    who are you or digicel to tell one that they should move so they can get a specific service be it 4g or watever if digicel had told people the actual speeds they would be getting then most people wouldn't have got it in tha first place
    you sound like a spoiled brat who gets everything from mommy and daddy
    GPU : sapphire 6870
    CPU : amd athlon ll x3 425 3.3GHZ
    MOBO : ecs a780gm am3
    all your base are belong to us

Quote Originally Posted by evastrapkoremadhead View Post
    sounds like you got your head up your @**
    how could it be our fault they're not giving us what we pay for
    it fall back on them to make sure their customers are satisfied
    a unsatisfied customer = no customer
    who are you or digicel to tell one that they should move so they can get a specific service be it 4g or watever if digicel had told people the actual speeds they would be getting then most people wouldn't have got it in tha first place
    you sound like a spoiled brat who gets everything from mommy and daddy
    I agree with you 100% bossie......"yeah him sound like a mommy and daddy spoiled brat". Cause u get internet free cause u daddy pay for it, so is luxury when everybody else have to work hard for them money to pay for internet.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post

Dem seh when dawg waan ded dem go down a Boulevard........Why don't you head on down there!!!!!!!!!!
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?