Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bash 4G?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwapster View Post
    lmao, what did it say? let me guess 6mbps...5? yet when you download you're getting 100kbps?...50? service is for all son, not just for some prehistoric geico commercial caveman hippie like yourself who happens to be getting what is advertised or maybe doesn't know the difference. Quite frankly i find you posts insulting to the poor saps who have a digicel modem/lemon thing at home.
    No it was 2.2. But speed test is not quite real world. More factors come into play so I end up with 100+ @ a signal level of 1. At 2 it goes up to 200+

I don't want to be mistaken for being Pro-Digi . I sayin it not all as bad as being said in a lot of the post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eynestyne View Post
    No it was 2.2. But speed test is not quite real world. More factors come into play so I end up with 100+ @ a signal level of 1. At 2 it goes up to 200+

I don't want to be mistaken for being Pro-Digi . I sayin it not all as bad as being said in a lot of the post here.
    It is not bad for you maybe because of where you are located or maybe because of how many persons in your area are using the service or maybe because of how you use your internet.

But for alot of persons who use the internet for gaming or doing downloads using whatever technology, the results they are getting for their dollar is poor.

However, I would like more experienced users who have the Digicel Wimax(min) technology to post their positive experiences so that we can have a more balanced picture of what is going on.
    Last edited by BNOVA; Sep 26, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

@ BNOVA True!!!

But i'm the kind of user ISP's don't like.
    I think the U.S. calls us data hogs or something like that. U kno the kinda thats downloading Gigs per day.

PS

This might help some ppl here.. the CPE modem has an issue with some hardware.

Well i dont have the service but i do know dat its a new service dem offering to the mass population and like most new services wen they are just introduced they are plagued with problems so maybe everyone just needs to wait till the service matures a little before passing judgement cuz i doubt dat digi knew that so much ppl would jump on the service so quickly so the system probably wasnt really optimized for so much usage.
    And maybe the reason some ppl getting better speeds is cuz the tower that covering them has direct fiber running to it as opposed to LOS backhaul cuz like you guys said its expensive to run direct fiber to all those towers and digi might be a litte short on funds rite now maybe we should just give dem some time.

@ BNOVA True!!!

But i'm the kind of user ISP's don't like.
    I think the U.S. calls us data hogs or something like that. U kno the kinda thats downloading Gigs per day.

clipped for brevity
    2 SIDES TO A STORY?

Ok help me with this one...

Customer goes in Digicel outlet, I live in Westchester Portmore can I get the service there?...Digi rep: Yes sir, sure you can, thanks for making it Digicel...customer forks out his dollars buys the modem goes home and not a signal...customer calls customer care 10 times and nobody cant help at the end of it...sorry sir but the service "seems" like its not in your area.

And that is not a one off case pawdie

The service is whack

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    Well i dont have the service but i do know dat its a new service dem offering to the mass population and like most new services wen they are just introduced they are plagued with problems so maybe everyone just needs to wait till the service matures a little before passing judgement cuz i doubt dat digi knew that so much ppl would jump on the service so quickly so the system probably wasnt really optimized for so much usage.

clipped for brevity
    With all due respect, I beg to differ, I have been exposed to Digicel's WIMAX as a business customer from back in 2008...the service was unstable since that time boss, checks with other IT Managers who used the service since that time has revealed that its "too slow for what we want to do"..."its not stable"....And its a good estimation that less than 1% of corporate Jamaica uses the service...so the "whole heap a people a use it argument" makes no sense. And if that is so, if more people use it how will that help solve any problems?

In my opinion, a substandard product was launched to the public...
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 26, 2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

well actually most service providers do that cuz its all about taking ur money. Wen i went to purchase my claro modem i asked them if my area had 3g ant they told me that once my area had claro signal i would have 3g so sometimes its the peole who work in the stores fault cuz they dont have a clue about the service that the company they work for offers

Samwells if that is your experience i can understand your anger.
    Wouldn't say anything either if u tell dem 2 claattt too. Dem should tell you it is not in your area...

But, not everyone have troubles.

Samwells if that is your experience i can understand your anger.
    Wouldn't say anything either if u tell dem 2 claattt too. Dem should tell you it is not in your area...

But, not everyone have troubles.
    I am sure not everyone has problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Samwells View Post
    With all due respect, I beg to differ, I have been exposed to Digicel's WIMAX as a business customer from back in 2008...the service was unstable since that time boss, checks with other IT Managers who used the service since that time has revealed that its "too slow for what we want to do"..."its not stable"....And its a good estimation that less than 1% of corporate Jamaica uses the service...so the "whole heap a people a use it argument" makes no sense. And if that is so, if more people use it how will that help solve any problems?

In my opinion, a substandard product was launched to the public...
    Well im not a business person and if i was i would never choose a service like that for my business unless there is absolutely no way of getting wired broadband and if i did go that way i would have to get from multiple entities so i would always have a backup cuz we all know the unstableness of wireless internet so that was those ppl mistake in the first place

Digicel is charging too much for 4G service.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com