Thread: Access post array value programmically

Default Access post array value programmically

I have this shopping cart that has one one form with multiple buttons and multiple test field all having name generated dynamically using the product id. How can i automatically access the post array value when some click the add to cart button if i dont know the names becuase each have an product id prepended to it.
    i saw this and tried for days but no result

$values = print_r($_POST,true); //without set to true it shows variable names and values.

i have been trying to access the values from the $value variable by doing a for loop but no luck. any one can tell me the best way to do this. This would have been a breeze but form elements are really generated using javascript(which i hardly know) so its harder for me to find solution, that is why i was just wondering if the add to cart button is clicked, i can access all the values of the $_POSt array, then i can figure which one has a value (ie the value that they placed in the text box) to send it to the database.
    "...men are that they might have joy."
    Nephi

sounds like you are hack something together (which is usually not a good idea). But I think it may be easier if you do a for loop through the post array;
    Code:
    foreach($_POST as $key=>$value){
     print($key.' - ' .$value . '<br />');
    }
    then check the key/value for what you are looking for. Grouping the form field together using array syntax will help as well.

Thanks very much for your response. I will give it a try.
    Nephi

Thanks a million it worked great.
    Nephi