Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coaxial cable unlocking tool

What piracy is it preventing? The cable boxes are all digital and encrypted. If the box is not activated at the headend so you could split the cable a million times if the box not activated there will be no picture.

Ok, I got a link for the tool, it's pretty cheap. Will get one if I can source it hopefully at KGs.
    I suspect they lock it to prevent tampering and / or prevent subscribers with two cable boxes from sharing cable with their neighbors, whatever the reason I don't care, I want to move it around the house when I want.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Sep 20, 2010 at 08:55 PM.

i have flow at home and its coax cable as psilos says i can use my finger to unscrew it easily
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries
    Powered By Toyota Racing Development Old School Ova New School
    I-Phone 5 32GB> Samsung Galaxy NOTE 2 N7100 Powered By Digicel Whatsapp 876-418-1744

i found a way to share cable...the cable guys left a 3 way connector at the worksite,,and i found it,,,i screwed out the cable out of the tv,,then i plugg that cable in the 3 way connector,,then i got some old cable wires tht i found and plug 1 end into the tv. i got another old cable wire and pluged it into the 3 way connector,,and into another tv that i got,,so i was only left with 1 more free port....the cable was working on both tvs but wen u change the channel on the cable boxx,,it wud change it on both tvsss......(just a little thing i waqs trying..nutthing big)

Quote Originally Posted by MiniKilla View Post
    i have flow at home and its coax cable as psilos says i can use my finger to unscrew it easily
    u must mean u screwed the cable easily off the back off the tv and not the cable that is connected to the cable box,,,,whiich cable was u talking,,,tht u screw off with u fingers?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Hey, mi nuh try fi teif the people dem cable just want the tool in my tool kit, so I and other legal customers can have the the freedom to unscrew the cable and move the cable box to another room when they want.

clipped for brevity
    did u get the VIDEO IN and AUDIO OUT functions to work on the cable boxx,,,wen i try to plugg in my video in and audio cords,,it doesnot work on the tv and i think that cable with the circular iron on it is the culprit on not making the VIDEO IN AND AUDIO OUT FUNCTIONS WORK FOR ME ....................

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    @DarkAngel, I have never seen that metal tube in my life. All my Flow cable boxes and cable modem are connected by coax that can easily be unscrewed with my fingers. That must have been something they started to add recently and I can't really see why they would restrict you from moving your cable box around the home.

@Flow could someone please explain it to us why you would use such a device?
    flow did not start using those metal tubes tht u see recentlyy,,,,it was from way in 2007,,wen i first got flow,,and was when flow just came out publicly....
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 21, 2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” Peter F. Drucker
    current stuff:iphone 2g
    sony vaio laptop.
    i do not know everything but i just know where to find the solution

@vez, I guess I have been a subscriber for too long so I have no clue what they are doing for new customers now. By the way, Flow launched in 2006 and not 2007.

Time to become one of the most despised members on TechJamaica.

I GOT FLOW!!

The installation crew were really professional and you could tell that they were trained and have standards to follow. The bandwidth and latency (or lack off) is a given so all in all I am highly impressed . The final test is Customer Service but hopefully I will have no need for that in the near future.

Well I'm off to enjoy life in the fast lane. Take it easy folks and those in Liguanea, Barbican and Mona you will probably be next.

Quote Originally Posted by vez View Post
    did u get the VIDEO IN and AUDIO OUT functions to work on the cable boxx,,,wen i try to plugg in my video in and audio cords,,it doesnot work on the tv and i think that cable with the circular iron on it is the culprit on not making the VIDEO IN AND AUDIO OUT FUNCTIONS WORK FOR ME ....................
    No haven't tried the video out only the audio which I run to my stereo.

You can take video out, and RF out at the same time. I've done it many times. During World Cup I connected a second monster TV monitor to the video out and ran both screens to different parts of the room to keep all my visitors happy!

Video output is yellow connector.

@vez, I guess I have been a subscriber for too long so I have no clue what they are doing for new customers now. By the way, Flow launched in 2006 and not 2007.
    oh i got flow so long now,,i dnt even remmebr when they first came to public.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothole View Post
    You can take video out, and RF out at the same time. I've done it many times. During World Cup I connected a second monster TV monitor to the video out and ran both screens to different parts of the room to keep all my visitors happy!

Video output is yellow connector.
    ohhh,thts wat i did using the 3 way connector,,and not the video in and audio out functions..
    “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” Peter F. Drucker
    current stuff:iphone 2g
    sony vaio laptop.
    i do not know everything but i just know where to find the solution