Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coaxial cable unlocking tool

Default Coaxial cable unlocking tool

I'm trying to find out the name of the tool that is used to remove the lock that companies like Flow use to lock the coaxial cable to the cable box by way of a metal tube?
    Please no lecture about legality I just want to know the name of the tool and it size/specification and of course were I can buy one.

we no really deal with illegal stuff on here but use your best friend google

yute u cant steal flow lol try google still cause nobody here will help u on that topic
    Last edited by MiniKilla; Sep 19, 2010 at 08:39 AM.
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries
    Powered By Toyota Racing Development Old School Ova New School
    I-Phone 5 32GB> Samsung Galaxy NOTE 2 N7100 Powered By Digicel Whatsapp 876-418-1744

mi try to pull off my coxial cable,,but cudnt find a tool to use
    “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” Peter F. Drucker
    current stuff:iphone 2g
    sony vaio laptop.
    i do not know everything but i just know where to find the solution

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I'm trying to find out the name of the tool that is used to remove the lock that companies like Flow use to lock the coaxial cable to the cable box by way of a metal tube?
    Please no lecture about legality I just want to know the name of the tool and it size/specification and of course were I can buy one.
    If you are talking about the (metal tube looking) connector on the end of the coax that you screw into the cable box or cable modem I am sorry to inform you that there is no way to unlock it and you will just have to cut it off.

Professionals in the cable industry use those connectors as opposed to the el-cheapo ends you find at your local hardware store because they provide a more secure connection to the cable i.e. it cannot be pulled off and it also provides better insulation. In other words those connectors provide the best signal when connecting to equipment with coax ends.

Anyone that sells those ends should also sell the crimping tool required to connect them.

You supposed to can cut it off with a cutting tool.. hacksaw or dremel.. no big deal.

Hey, mi nuh try fi teif the people dem cable just want the tool in my tool kit, so I and other legal customers can have the the freedom to unscrew the cable and move the cable box to another room when they want.
    @ psilos don't think we are talking about the same thing here, the metal tube actually prevent customers from screwing off the cable wire and move the cable box see attached image - metal tube far left.
    If i'm not mistaking Flow is like the only cable company in Jamaica that locks the cable on the cable box so you can't move it.
    PS I don't want to cut the people dem things, just unscrew and screw it back on when I want.
    Is there a standard size?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Sep 19, 2010 at 05:51 PM.

@DarkAngel, I have never seen that metal tube in my life. All my Flow cable boxes and cable modem are connected by coax that can easily be unscrewed with my fingers. That must have been something they started to add recently and I can't really see why they would restrict you from moving your cable box around the home.

@Flow could someone please explain it to us why you would use such a device?

I came up against some of these when I moved from 1 apartment to another in the same building I figured I could just go in the cable panel box and switch the line for my old apartment to the new ones. Well all the legit connections had these locks on the splitters in the panel. People in the apartment have worked around this by cutting legit customers lines and adding their own splitters.

So the cable man came i watched him use this funny looking tool to hook up my connection and not even pay any mind to all the illegal one....
    HAF 922 CASE | ASROCK 870 EXTREME 3 | PHENOM II X4 945 | 8GIG DDR3 | HD6870

That would drive my crazy because I move things around a lot. I would have cut and splice that thing from the first day. Or I would call the cable company every day telling them I need to move my box until they gave up and removed it.

I know they want to prevent piracy, but that is just insane