Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: inside the Digicel 4G CPE Wimax Modem

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    oh boy. its TSOP48. i post all the info and you still wondering bout the little things?
    http://ae.rsdelivers.com/product/hyn...v/6686161.aspx
    LOL, truthfully its after i posted i realized that it was tsop48, thanks for the heads up though and again "nice info"

this is the type of processor inside the BCS5200 chip.

http://www.arm.com/products/processo...rm11/index.php

they can run at 1Ghz no problem but before you set the clock to 1ghz make sure to add heatsink compound, heatsink and fan to it. you have been warned, dont burn your BCS5200 then cry.

Quote Originally Posted by mega man View Post
    LOL, truthfully its after i posted i realized that it was tsop48, thanks for the heads up though and again "nice info"
    more info about the flash chip. you can use a memory like this http://ae.rsdelivers.com/product/hyn...v/6686183.aspx as your flash chip if you need more space. you can get this memory out of a old iPod nano or wherever.

This is a good read
    http://www.teyf.ir/Photos/WiMAXSemin...conference.pdf
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 17, 2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

digimon Guest

this is the type of processor inside the BCS5200 chip.

http://www.arm.com/products/processo...rm11/index.php

they can run at 1Ghz no problem but before you set the clock to 1ghz make sure to add heatsink compound, heatsink and fan to it. you have been warned, dont burn your BCS5200 then cry.
    Why overclock it tho?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by digimon View Post
    Why overclock it tho?
    its not overclocking, going over 1ghz would be overclocking.its more like maximum clocking, setting the speed to maximum for maximum performance and better handling of data that's all

just saw this post on facebook this morning

i taught Digicel said it was 10mb, so how comes now they saying 6mb?

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Nice! You can drop alot of stuff into that... I pulled apart mine bit did not tinker with anything, I just added wires to the antennas to try and extend range.

I would surely warn against any attempted modding of this thing ITS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS TO THE NETWORK! Messing up the code bits that tells it to interact with the system in a certain manner can damage the sites.
    who care's if you modify! you paid for it not freeby.. look at iphones and lots of other devices modify them even on xbox etc... you can get a modchip right so who cares really...

Quote Originally Posted by dksurfer View Post
    who care's if you modify! you paid for it not freeby.. look at iphones and lots of other devices modify them even on xbox etc... you can get a modchip right so who cares really...
    yes you paid for it and get a contract with section 5 on it as well. you are legally obligated to stay within the bounds of the contract. or you may be punishable by the full extent of the law.

do you understand what this means? no no wait wait............ do you really understand the contract?

yes you paid for it and get a contract with section 5 on it as well. you are legally obligated to stay within the bounds of the contract. or you may be punishable by the full extent of the law.

do you understand what this means? no no wait wait............ do you really understand the contract?
    School dksurfer my yout!

I kinda was wonderin how you know so much bout di digi wimin unit dem...You all know which part a di contract and wah it seh. Bway, you smell like digicel.

talk di chrute my yout, yu wrerk fi digi dont it!?

Mi nuh wrong yu. gwane big up yu place! Stan up baka digi!

Digi, Claro, LIME, Flow, DEKAL, whichever one reach mi house first mi tek dem. Although LIME is here now it suck. But at least I am on the net with less then 500k.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    School dksurfer my yout!

I kinda was wonderin how you know so much bout di digi wimin unit dem...You all know which part a di contract and wah it seh. Bway, you smell like digicel.

talk di chrute my yout, yu wrerk fi digi dont it!?

Mi nuh wrong yu. gwane big up yu place! Stan up baka digi!

Digi, Claro, LIME, Flow, DEKAL, whichever one reach mi house first mi tek dem. Although LIME is here now it suck. But at least I am on the net with less then 500k.
    hahaaa me work fi Digicel? hahaaaa it tek mi soo long fi get a modem and now mi work fi dem? not because mi post the obvious means mi work fi dem? hahaa because mi know chips and how fi edit firmware means mi work fi digicel? or because mi know bout the contract wea everybody have and can look pan fi demself means mi work fi digicel? hahaaa some people.

Digicel couldn't pay mi

hey richard_lyew, you mentioned that your friend had modded the firmware and added stuff to it, does he have a mapping of the sectors, cause i don't want to add anything to mine, i'm more aiming to edit a special string if you know what i mean