Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: inside the Digicel 4G CPE Wimax Modem

All I want is for them to provide the source for the USB driver, we could then port it to linux and even mobile phones... plus it would be beneficial to them.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Nice! You can drop alot of stuff into that... I pulled apart mine bit did not tinker with anything, I just added wires to the antennas to try and extend range.

I would surely warn against any attempted modding of this thing ITS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS TO THE NETWORK! Messing up the code bits that tells it to interact with the system in a certain manner can damage the sites.
    And you really told them....nice going......I would sue you first....lol......I can bet a mischievious person out there gets a clever idea....lol.
    The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away.

hehehehe you guys won't mod anything with digi, but i sure as hell will, when them network crash, i want to see them prove it in court say is me crash it, the jtag prt section catch mi eyes them still, already figured out the tx and rx data section, prob is a wonder waht kind a eeprom(tsop) chip them use as in how much space them have, these modems are begining to seem more and more interesting iyah

and nice find richard_lyew

Quote Originally Posted by jamtech View Post
    And you really told them....nice going......I would sue you first....lol......I can bet a mischievious person out there gets a clever idea....lol.
    Lol its almost a guarantee that any1 who knows how to mod the firmware knows what its capable of.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

mad.sick. I figured I wouldn't see the inside of one of these devices for atleast a year or so when people start getting a hold of damaged units.

I especially like that you added the links. Well done.
    My Speakers Can't Live If The SubWoofer Doesn't Breathe -Gary Lawrence
    http://www.youtube.com/GaryLawrence0
    http://www.reverbnation.com/garylawrence
    http://www.online.com.jm

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    these modems are wicked! them have alot of potential with alot of new up to the time chips. tweaking time!!!!!! not for me thou.

i want to make it clear to public that i do not modify or change any of Digicel's device(s) or try to harm the network in anyway whatsoever, also i have never take apart or disassemble any Digicel 4G CPE wimax modem or any Digicel device(s) or promote the acts of doing so. all picture(s) that i have post of Digicel device(s) being disassemble or disassembled are not my own or have anything to do with me in any way whatsoever. all the pictures were sent to me, they are NOT my own.
    Hisses teeth, pop off back u one stripe. LOL
    THANK GOD

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    All I want is for them to provide the source for the USB driver, we could then port it to linux and even mobile phones... plus it would be beneficial to them.
    wait wait because i can get this for you. ok here is where someone (NOT me ) have reached so far, he has edit the firmware and added a torrent client to the start-up plus added a USB port with drivers to connect almost any external HDD or USB storage media. also the firmware running on these modems are Linux based. the person doing the mods are about to add RAM to the modem and a heatsink to the CPU, the reason for the heatsink is for bringing the CPU clock higher, its not over clocking but the speed the modem's CPU is running at when you buy it, is only about half the speed it can run at.

the reason for the mod is so that you the owner of the modem wont have to leave your computer on downloading torrents. you will be able to just plug in your modem, it boots up with the torrent client ready and start downloading to your jump drive or other USB storage device. the torrent client is accessible via the GUI. the USB storage device connected to the modem is accessible via ip,FTP or Samba3 with secure login. plus the person doing the modding is adding more on board storage but its not a main issue right as the 512MB is a good amount to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Hisses teeth, pop off back u one stripe. LOL
    LMAO yu caaan guan, mi na give dem no room fi lock mi up LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    mad.sick. I figured I wouldn't see the inside of one of these devices for atleast a year or so when people start getting a hold of damaged units.

I especially like that you added the links. Well done.
    posting the links is the legally safer way to go as i am not posting my own words, i am only passing free information on to the public.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 17, 2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    LMAO yu caaan guan, mi na give dem no room fi lock mi up LOL
    you can not be locked up for modding your own personal device that you paid for,there is no such law in this country
    We Cant All Be Perfect So Just Accept Me
    For What I Am.And Oh Dont Mind My Spelling It's Being That Way All My Life:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mega man View Post
    hehehehe you guys won't mod anything with digi, but i sure as hell will, when them network crash, i want to see them prove it in court say is me crash it, the jtag prt section catch mi eyes them still, already figured out the tx and rx data section, prob is a wonder waht kind a eeprom(tsop) chip them use as in how much space them have, these modems are begining to seem more and more interesting iyah

and nice find richard_lyew
    oh boy. its TSOP48. i post all the info and you still wondering bout the little things?
    http://ae.rsdelivers.com/product/hyn...v/6686161.aspx

Nice info yo... I want the mod that ur friend is doing! It would be good to get better speed when downloading