Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: inside the Digicel 4G CPE Wimax Modem

Talking inside the Digicel 4G CPE Wimax Modem

Last edited by richard_lyew; Sep 13, 2010 at 03:57 PM.

mawd so how the real 10mbps come into play... good post
    BLACKBERRY 8520
    POWERED BY DIGICEL 2G

LIVE TODAY=> DIED TOMARROW, RICH TODAY=> BROKE TOMORROW THAT HOW LIFE GOES,LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rickyjazz View Post
    mawd so how the real 10mbps come into play... good post
    these modems are wicked! them have alot of potential with alot of new up to the time chips. tweaking time!!!!!! not for me thou.

i want to make it clear to public that i do not modify or change any of Digicel's device(s) or try to harm the network in anyway whatsoever, also i have never take apart or disassemble any Digicel 4G CPE wimax modem or any Digicel device(s) or promote the acts of doing so. all picture(s) that i have post of Digicel device(s) being disassemble or disassembled are not my own or have anything to do with me in any way whatsoever. all the pictures were sent to me, they are NOT my own.

mad disclaimer!.......lol
    hp touchsmart 610 1030f

this might be a jtag or com port

the adapter that is used on these modems to act as the wifi router, is a USB wifi adapters and the flash store the drivers and settings for the operation of the wifi adapter. because it is a adapter operating as a ad-hoc router you might not be able to connect all wifi repeaters to it. its not a wifi router, just a wifi adapter playing the role as a wifi router.

more details coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nuhsenutten View Post
    mad disclaimer!.......lol
    LMAO mi jus wa keep things clear. cant afford a lawsuit right now LOL and i have nothing to do with anything. i got the pics off the internet and the information of the chips from the manufacturers website and database etc...

i don't have anything to do with this. its just free information i feel i should share with the forum. EVERYTHING that i have shared can be obtained from the internet by anybody with access.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 13, 2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Nice! You can drop alot of stuff into that... I pulled apart mine bit did not tinker with anything, I just added wires to the antennas to try and extend range.

I would surely warn against any attempted modding of this thing ITS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS TO THE NETWORK! Messing up the code bits that tells it to interact with the system in a certain manner can damage the sites.
    Last edited by kalel17; Sep 13, 2010 at 05:57 PM.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Nice! You can drop alot of stuff into that... I pulled apart mine bit did not tinker with anything, I just added wires to the antennas to try and extend range.

I would surely warn against any attempted modding of this thing ITS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS TO THE NETWORK! Messing up the code bits that tells it to interact with the system in a certain manner can damage the sites.
    i know what you mean. like for eg. if someone (NOT Me ) should edit their firmware and disable the OAM(Over-The-Air Mobile Device Management) feature and manage their device themselves. that would be bad for the network because they wouldn't have control over that device anymore.
    http://www.smithmicro.com/products/d...ent-suite.aspx

This is a cool post........................
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    i know what you mean. like for eg. if someone (NOT Me ) should edit their firmware and disable the OAM(Over-The-Air Mobile Device Management) feature and manage their device themselves. that would be bad for the network because they wouldn't have control over that device anymore.

hmmmmm...........
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

digimon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    maaaawd.
    I just read about it.
    richard, u are a true techie