Thread: anyone getting 3D tv for gaming?

Default anyone getting 3D tv for gaming?

just asking coz i went to watt's new to look around and i saw they have a 3d tv

imo i wouldn't consider buying one until the price drops , i waiting on black friday sales

Its a nice to have, but at the current prices, unless your cabbage is well green, it's not worth it.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift ... that is why it is called the present

I saw the 3D Tv at the CES and trust me it was EPIC well at least for someone like myself seeing it for the first time I watched both "Transformers 2" and "Avatar" at Carib and when I saw it on the 3D Tv it was like I didn't actually watch the movie to begin with, what is surprising is according to another member of TJ the the one being sold at "Courts" which is a "Panasonic" is for something like 320g and the one I saw at the expo was something like 250-270g not sure if that price was inclusive of tax.

I'm not sure how the technology behind it works, would it really be advantageous to gamers?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

to be honest im not sure as i havnt yet got to see a game in 3d for myself but i dont think so i would expect it to just be an experience rather than an advantage.

you can go and waste your money on brain hemorrhaging. At this point in time I dont even go to watch 3D movies if the option is available to me. To be honest I always hear people complaining about watching 3D makes their head hurt but that has never happened to me, I just never bought into the hype of it. Maybe it reduces the quality of the images for me.
    Either way I see it as a waste of money and I dont want to be wearing glasses to watch tv

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I saw the 3D Tv at the CES and trust me it was EPIC well at least for someone like myself seeing it for the first time I watched both "Transformers 2" and "Avatar" at Carib and when I saw it on the 3D Tv it was like I didn't actually watch the movie to begin with, what is surprising is according to another member of TJ the the one being sold at "Courts" which is a "Panasonic" is for something like 320g and the one I saw at the expo was something like 250-270g not sure if that price was inclusive of tax.

I'm not sure how the technology behind it works, would it really be advantageous to gamers?
    The 3D TVs use alternate frames to broadcast images to the right eye and left alternately, the glasses are polarized such that when the left eye image is on the screen, the lens in front of your right eye becomes opaque and vice versa. The brain does the rest to put the images together into stereoscopic vison, it is important to know that proper 3D also requires the source information to have been captured in 3D this requires 3D movie cameras which are much more expensive and heavier than normal cameras, a key factor or as well is the intraocular distance of the original cameras which is a key factor in managing positive and negative parallax.A good example of 3D gimmickry is the process of repurposing 2D motion picture to 3D. Productions looking for quick profits by riding on the wave of 3D, are introducing fast tracked pseudo 3D movies generated from 2D image capture in original
    photography. Only the extreme high end and most labor intensive versions of this process can come anywhere close to contour and texture mapping, stereo information, and proportional parallax imbedded in true stereoscopic original recording. The process falls apart when low end computer interpolated 2D is quickly rendered, due to extreme budget limitations that result in fake and
    unrealistic 3D. Most audiences recognize this gimmick very quickly as it degrades the experience and the reputation of the 3D content providers.

hmmm... it would be nice to have one... but thats a hefty price to pay... Could buy two car and run taxi wid 320K

After watching a 3D movie...i kinda "forget" that its 3D to be honest, it happened to me with Avatar. Maybe that wud happen if it was a game...which wud be a waste of money lol
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD

has anyone seen gaming in 3D firsthand?