Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whos buying halo reach

I will never see myself waiting in line for a game for 2 reasons: 1) I not paying full price for a game on release date anymore and 2) if you go back to the store any time on that very same day they going to have a bunch of copies sitting around same way.
    One line I did look on was the Moder Warfare 2 line just to see how much people would be there and to see if anything special would be going on in the store. They had a few soldiers, or people dressed up as marines, but ppl wasnt even lookin on them they just bought the game and walked out. Whenever the next consoles come out tho I will be jumping on the ebay bandwagon for sure tho, I am very sorry I made the $2000 PS3 profits pass me.

Game has been getting good reviews tho, Bungie must be getting a great severance package.

Thumbs down

Why whenever a new halo game is being released people get all excited and act as is it's the best game of the year etc? And to make matters worse the game is clearly over hyped and being called the most anticipated game of 2010? U gotta be kidding me. And the darn franchise cant outsell modern warfare 2. It's sad that Microsoft is going around and hyping up this game as if it's that special, truth is only halo fans and a few curious people getting this. Gran truism 5 coming out soon, that's a real game that deserves hype, don't get me wrong, halo is great but seriously ull see the sales figures. Call of duty black ops and gears of war 3 going to murder this game, gran truism 5 also

I can't speak for other people but I enjoy all Halo games and I am a big fan of the franchise. Sales figures mean nothing to me. Not gonna follow the crowd and buy a game I know I won't enjoy like gt5. When I get home I'll give my impressions.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Well good for u, aim not saying that the halo series isn't great but it's obvious that they are overselling this game. There are ads on every cable channel every second of the day, boy when big companies have buff money they sure know how to put it to waste. Look at metroid other m, a game that will definitely outsell halo , that's for sure and u don't see nintendo or whosoever going crazy and spreading all kinda propaganda about it, just a few subtle, beautiful ads. That's it's. Similar to gets of war or call of duty. Just wait and see how many people actually buy it and how long the hype last after it's released. Look at left for dead 2, millions of copies sold and almost zero crazy ads and s..t. A great franchise that's well respected and sell millions easy doesn't need so much hype etc. Pokemon, modern warfare 2, final fantasy granturismo etc. People already crazy over them. But halo for some reason needs that extra hype and push to be in the spotlite. U notice how often halo games are released lol , u have halo, halo 2, halo 3, halo wars, halo odst etc lol. And how may all of them sold together lol. Just visit wikipedia and see lol. Enuf said

Quote Originally Posted by zantetsuken1983 View Post
    Well good for u, aim not saying that the halo series isn't great but it's obvious that they are overselling this game. There are ads on every cable channel every second of the day, boy when big companies have buff money they sure know how to put it to waste. Look at metroid other m, a game that will definitely outsell halo , that's for sure and u don't see nintendo or whosoever going crazy and spreading all kinda propaganda about it, just a few subtle, beautiful ads. That's it's. Similar to gets of war or call of duty. Just wait and see how many people actually buy it and how long the hype last after it's released. Look at left for dead 2, millions of copies sold and almost zero crazy ads and s..t. A great franchise that's well respected and sell millions easy doesn't need so much hype etc. Pokemon, modern warfare 2, final fantasy granturismo etc. People already crazy over them. But halo for some reason needs that extra hype and push to be in the spotlite. U notice how often halo games are released lol , u have halo, halo 2, halo 3, halo wars, halo odst etc lol. And how may all of them sold together lol. Just visit wikipedia and see lol. Enuf said
    there can never be enough advertising for a product, i for one know this because im involved in a career revolving around advertising and marketing, the more the better in my opinion. Call of duty itself has 12 games, granturismo has 6 final fantasy has 15! cod alone doubled the amount of games released compared to halo.

Ur missing the point! How many copies final fantasy, call of duty and gran truism franchise sold? Tens of millions for each franchise, how many halo sold? Too much advertisement shows desperation to sell an over hyped game ok.

Quote Originally Posted by zantetsuken1983 View Post
    Ur missing the point! How many copies final fantasy, call of duty and gran truism franchise sold? Tens of millions for each franchise, how many halo sold? Too much advertisement shows desperation to sell an over hyped game ok.
    i wasnt trying to compare sales, i was just showing the amount of games released relating to what you said about how often the halo games were released. nothing more. but on a side note, remember halo isnt really a multiplayform game with the exception of halo 1 and 2 for pc but cod is, so more than likely it would sell more. iv not compared the others because the phenomenal sales of granturismo and final fantasy have been spread across 2 older generations ( playstaion 1 and 2 as well as SNES) of gaming and people have had WAY more time to warm up to both those franchises.
    Last edited by Danigon; Sep 14, 2010 at 02:29 PM.

Dunno why you're so vexed over their marketing strategy. I'm sure the're ads you could recite by heart the number of times you hear/see them and this doesn't necessarily signify desperation. It was the constant ads done by codmw that got me playing cuz not everyone like a ww2 game me included and every few mins on tv codmw was advertised making me say, this looks cool lemme try it. And I wasn't disappointed. Every business has a business stategy and they do what works for them. The objective behind Halo may not even be to sell the most copies. Unless we have inside info, we can't say. Stop looking at sales figures as if that's all that matters.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Every business has a business stategy and they do what works for them.
    well said bro, thats what iv come to learn over the past few years.

The darn game game is being made to look more special than it really is, we all understand the concept of advertising ok. Halo games aren't that special and u all know it. No halo game is better than modern warfare 2 and u all know it. It's been made to look like the holy Grail of video games and it will smash records etc, truth os as soon as It's out for some months quickly begin to here about halo 4 or halo Oder 2 with the same hype and bullcrap . Halo games are easily forgotten and nothing special, I'm a hardcore gamer and I played them all. Stop trying to trick people into buying a game that they will very well soon forget