Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a computing job

Will do lmao. I'm sttill working as an intern technician but I jus wish I was getting paid man.. could really use the dough
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Might i make a suggestion. The days of mailing out applications and hoping for the best are long gone. Try to get some names of key people and ring em up. Join a site like nettemps that give great job seeking advice.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Nettemps u say, ok I'll try it.. I have called a couple HR managers and all they say is to send it in. Apart freom none of my friends or aquaitances have been able to help any further than they have
    Facebook || Twitter

dont just call bredrin....make an impression...they will remember your name and THAT gives you an advantage...thousands of resumes...after a while you hardly care to see anymore...but a single phone call...can make a difference..is PEOPLE hiring you and screening the resumes...dont just send them off...know who you sending it to...call and speak to them...you would be surprised...it shows character and determination...by your tone..voice and how you conduct yourself on the phone you may actually have secured that interview......and if you pull it off well it shows bit of class...why wouldnt they want to hire you...you think..dont just call and ask oh you have any vacancies...anyhow later
    Last edited by druhan; Oct 7, 2010 at 07:04 AM.
    Knowledge is just wasted time if not put to action
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Network +, A+, CCNA, CCDA, CXFS, Avaya (ACIS), MCP ...next stop CCNP,MCSE, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, VCP

its not what you know..its who u know

start working some links..50+ job applications? wtf..thats insane..

**** is rough out there man

thanks for the tip durhan, i've recently started calling companies to try and promote myself a little better, have a few companies to call like jamalco and fullgram - called some of them in the past week but they already shortlisted and i get lef out

moving on - yo corleone, its not the fact that i sen out 50+ applications u kno, is the fact dat not a 1 has short-listed me all now ute, like seh associates + bachelors + CCNA + 1 year technical experience = rubbish

it jus strange u kno.. cant even get a job as a IT support technician when i have over a year of experience in it an BEEERE qualifications, wish i had some friends in high places - guess i should make some!
    Facebook || Twitter

Earn $2500 USD per month working on the internet basically an online form filling job please email: auto79069787@hushmail.com ...........vylie not sure if u want to try this one..was posted at gleanerclassifieds.com.................
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by yolie4eva View Post
    Earn $2500 USD per month working on the internet basically an online form filling job please email: auto79069787@hushmail.com ...........vylie not sure if u want to try this one..was posted at gleanerclassifieds.com.................
    I know someone who tried something like this out of laziness, the next week he was sending out resumes, he had never worked so hard in his life and for only a $150 USD check, when he looked at the work required for a $500 USD check he quit.
    THANK GOD

i got an interview today at fullgram for IT support Technician!! really hope i get the job! and hopefully all the people betting that i will hit 100 failed attempts will loose dem money
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    i got an interview today at fullgram for IT support Technician!! really hope i get the job! and hopefully all the people betting that i will hit 100 failed attempts will loose dem money
    Hope that interview went well. I am WELL over that 100 mark and yet to get a job in IT. Even told companies I would work for free and no luck. Guess I need to hurry and finish my degree and do my MCSA at least to stand a chance of an entry level position.
    CCNA looking for an opportunity