Thread: Hail to the King ... :)

Default Hail to the King ... :)

Speaking to a shocked and enthusiastic crowd, Pitchford said, "We can't let the Duke die, right? The guys at 3D Realms who put their hearts and souls into this, so we wanted to make sure it hits all the platforms. It's coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in 2011."
    Read more.

pardon me for raiding this thread, but it was the one on top... Did Crimfatale just post in every dead thread to up his post count????

But ya, was jus tekin the duke nukem thing on gamespot. I goin be honest and say I dont think I ever played a duke nukem game before... I played Doom but dont remember duke

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    But ya, was jus tekin the duke nukem thing on gamespot. I goin be honest and say I dont think I ever played a duke nukem game before... I played Doom but dont remember duke
    Dude, you don't even know what you missed. Duke Nukem 3D was the tuffest ting back in tha day. It introduced some novel new ideas and concepts for FPS at the time.

Duke Nukem 3D playthrough of 1st level

Duke Nukem 3D boss fights

Duke Nukem Forever gameplay footage from PAX

I am looking forward to this being released at last.

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    pardon me for raiding this thread, but it was the one on top... Did Crimfatale just post in every dead thread to up his post count????

Ha ha ha perhabs Chig maybe you need to talk to Chris about upping the classified requirement to a min of 250 I played Duke back in the days for a very short period so I guess I never had the opprotunity to experience his ubberness I played "Doom" and "Castle Wolfenstein" for very short periods also and when I say very short periods I meant I didn't play the titles for more than a week. In regards to FPS I was introduced to "Quake" and "UT". It seems that Duke was famous for his the lines he used throughout the game.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Those videos brought back memories. Although I didn't complete it, I had loads of fun playing it.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Never played a Duke nukem game, maybe I'll get this on release and see what's so great...
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Yeah Good Memories... I had this **** on N64

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Ha ha ha perhabs Chig maybe you need to talk to Chris about upping the classified requirement to a min of 250 I played Duke back in the days for a very short period so I guess I never had the opprotunity to experience his ubberness I played "Doom" and "Castle Wolfenstein" for very short periods also and when I say very short periods I meant I didn't play the titles for more than a week. In regards to FPS I was introduced to "Quake" and "UT". It seems that Duke was famous for his the lines he used throughout the game.
    Well in those days FPS was something I really did not like at all. In fact is only in the past few years I start playing them, I think starting only Counter Strike Source on PC (didnt even like Half Life) and then Modern Warfare on the PS3 as a console FPS, those were the first I actually owned. I played a little Halo while over friends' houses and Unreal Tournament at The Zone but otherwise I never touch the genre name FPS I was only interested in TPS's. Games like Syphon Filter and GTA and Max Payne

Oh there was Metroid Prime... but that had lock-on and was classed as first person adventure so I guess it doesnt count as much as a FPS, but that could well have been the game that made me bother to look into other FPS's
    Last edited by chig; Sep 8, 2010 at 06:05 AM.

dude. "its time to kick *** and chew bubblegum, and im all outta gum"
    duke is back. wickedly
    i love my country, but i fear my elected officials
    Call me on 3538447.
    topdogclu @ hotmail.com