Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening a video gaming lounge?

Default Opening a video gaming lounge?

I'm planning on opening a video gaming lounge with about 3 XBOX 360 and PS3 each. My questions are is; What are the pros and cons? What would you recommend for such a business? What games would you want to play? Any suggestion will do as long as it is games related....Thanks.

Pros & Cons kinda circumstances based. First question you planning on modding them?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Pros & Cons kinda circumstances based. First question you planning on modding them?
    not entirely sure as i was planning to even offer online gaming....maybe after the warranty period up, only the xbox tho

Well then the Pro would be online gaming capability the Con you will have less games that the guy down the road who is in bootleg mode and bootleg everything in his/her sight. You may want to get at least one Wii for the Wii people out there.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

well a suggestion would b to host tournaments and stuff
    One plus one-CM11H44s

Well then the Pro would be online gaming capability the Con you will have less games that the guy down the road who is in bootleg mode and bootleg everything in his/her sight. You may want to get at least one Wii for the Wii people out there.
    i was hoping to get out the guy down the road buy offering hi def gaming on lcd tv, pay for game time instead of per game, lounge style settings, which is not offered in the area at present, among more....

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon_kmtjerk View Post
    well a suggestion would b to host tournaments and stuff
    yea like a points system where at the end each week the player with the most points on a particular game, gets a cash prize.....offer like calling credit and or snacks/soda daily for the player who spends the most

Quote Originally Posted by mrpaulrich View Post
    i was hoping to get out the guy down the road buy offering hi def gaming on lcd tv, pay for game time instead of per game, lounge style settings, which is not offered in the area at present, among more....
    Okay well to be honest with you I will take the store with the variety of games over the store with the nice television any day for a large selection of games I can work with a good tv and don't need a great one, but that is a good plan though Area51 started of with CRT televisions before they went LCD I recommend that the money you were planning to use for HDTV should be concentrated in purchasing titles. I also recommend getting your own gaming style a lot of game shops only acquire the popular title and ignore the gems back in the days it was just "Street Fighter" and "Mortal Kombat" but the smart stores had "Rival Schools", "King Of Fighters" etc... the not so popular fighting titles that were unique in their own way and fun to play.

yea like a points system where at the end each week the player with the most points on a particular game, gets a cash prize.....offer like calling credit and or snacks/soda daily for the player who spends the most
    I saw that points system once it failed I saw a tournament system also but people didn't want to pay the entry tournament fee even though the prices were attractive.

I saw a tournament system also but people didn't want to pay the entry tournament fee even though the prices were attractive.
    well i was thinking of just sign-up pay for your game and who wins the most gets the price, no entry fee

well i was thinking of just sign-up pay for your game and who wins the most gets the price, no entry fee
    Okay I see well why the points system had fail at the last location was because they had certain guys who lived in the game shop and some who didn't live in there but when they came they wiped the floor with everyone so they were always the ones with the most points and getting all the prices so it kinda made the rest of the gamers become disgruntled.