Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Digi 4G Problems

Default Digi 4G Problems

Ok, ok. First of all when I just recieved my modem i was getting some good download speed (by good i mean better than Lime's slow slow Adsl) 600+Kb/s.

To me this is good. I was getting this speed for both torrent and online downloads ( for want of the correct term).

Well all of a sudden speed is down to 30 Kb/s for torrents and 110 Kb/s for browser downloads.

So now i figured out that the modem is also a Router. So I spent the entire day trying to sort it out but Nothing.....

Any1 else having similar problems? I even went as far as to reinstall my Os.

And to top it off, the stupid manual they give you on the Cd is total crap, and it seem that this model of modem/router was made specificall for digicel.
    So I can't read up about elsewhere. I can't even call customer service either, the whole pack of them is aloof.
    They don't even know about the computer/laptop financing going on between Digicel and most money lending facilities.

HELP and Feedback please
    Last edited by Gemer3one; Aug 31, 2010 at 06:57 PM.
    "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?", well then, i've come to one cunclusion: Most people are blind!

your not alone i got 110Kb/s for browser today too in st.thomas i was shocked because the speetest showed 10x that i wonder if anyone notice this also

jah know di coffee start get cold already and mi nuh get a taste yet

but differently still its a new service dem offering so expect it to have a few glitches(though i thought they would have found out and fix them during the beta testing) so its up to them sort it out
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Aug 31, 2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Everytime i do a speed test i never get below 5mb/s download speed. maybe some1 with the knowledge can put this into practical terms for me. Cah mi nah get more than 140 kb/s in real life.

Lime fool fool Adsl was giving me that.
    "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?", well then, i've come to one cunclusion: Most people are blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemer3one View Post
    Ok, ok. First of all when I just recieved my modem i was getting some good download speed (by good i mean better than Lime's slow slow Adsl) 600+Kb/s.

To me this is good. I was getting this speed for both torrent and online downloads ( for want of the correct term).

Well all of a sudden speed is down to 30 Kb/s for torrents and 110 Kb/s for browser downloads.

So now i figured out that the modem is also a Router. So I spent the entire day trying to sort it out but Nothing.....

Any1 else having similar problems? I even went as far as to reinstall my Os.

And to top it off, the stupid manual they give you on the Cd is total crap, and it seem that this model of modem/router was made specifically for digicel.
    So I can't read up about elsewhere. I can't even call customer service either, the whole pack of them is aloof.
    They don't even know about the computer/laptop financing going on between Digicel and most money lending facilities.

HELP and Feedback please
    Torrents can open up 500 connections simultaneously from a participating machine and that along with the associated traffic is what kills networks.

All torrents use ports 6881-6999 so it would be easy for Digicel to limit traffic between those ports. Digicel will never be able to completely block torrents and the more they try to do that the more people will find ways around it. Network/Bandwidth monitoring, 4 sure is high on Digicel's agenda, especially with their new 4G product roll-out and any offending connection (IP/Mac) will be immediately addressed and it will be done transparently.

I am sure Digicel have taken steps to ensure regular internet surfers have enough bandwidth to surf but if it gets excessive from one IP/mac address your QoS level is lowered and it gets issued a bandwidth cap.

Remember bandwidth is not unlimited.........
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

coffee start get cold lmao
    Dude, Aren't the "good things that come to those who wait" just the leftovers from the people who got them first.

Quote Originally Posted by jahman182 View Post
    Torrents can open up 500 connections simultaneously from a participating machine and that along with the associated traffic is what kills networks.

All torrents use ports 6881-6999 so it would be easy for Digicel to limit traffic between those ports. Digicel will never be able to completely block torrents and the more they try to do that the more people will find ways around it. Network/Bandwidth monitoring, 4 sure is high on Digicel's agenda, especially with their new 4G product roll-out and any offending connection (IP/Mac) will be immediately addressed and it will be done transparently.

I am sure Digicel have taken steps to ensure regular internet surfers have enough bandwidth to surf but if it gets excessive from one IP/mac address your QoS level is lowered and it gets issued a bandwidth cap.

Remember bandwidth is not unlimited.........
    wah yuh deh seh mek sence but a idiot ting dat cus mi did a expect a constant 100-900kps download and more for both browser and torrents alike, @Gamer3one - i'm getting a mirror of what your getting with the exception of my speeds where a bit faster so this is a TOTAL let down fi mi, one more ting mi afi fi seh bout this if it continue FLOW SOON REACH A MI YARD
    Last edited by Mr.Grim; Aug 31, 2010 at 10:44 PM.
    PR : Intel i7 860 OC@3.8 / MB: Gigabyte ga-p55a-ud4p / MM: G.Skill 8GB 1600MHz Ripjaw Series / CS: Silverstone Rv02 BW / AC: Titan Fenrir Xmass Edition / MN: ASUS VE276Q / GPU: Gigabyte GV-R797OC-3GD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grim View Post
    wah yuh deh seh mek sence but a idiot ting dat cus mi did a expect a constant 100-900kps download and more for both browser and torrents alike
    lmao enjoy your one year contract
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

Problems, Problems,Problems. I pick up my cpe yesterday. Plug it in and did the necessary registration etc, etc. To my surprise the ting took nearly 45 mins to stabilize and find signals, when it did, it gave me a strength of 2 (rssi -76). did speed test and got results of 6mb + in most instances. On the coverage map am in the red zone, so have been wondering why i take so long to find signals. I got an extension cord and ran it outside, it just would not pick up a signal while outside Can anyone explain this to me. right now am inside and its plugged in am seeing on the front panel led light on 2, again no reception when outside. did I get a bad cpe?
    Simple is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemer3one View Post
    Everytime i do a speed test i never get below 5mb/s download speed. maybe some1 with the knowledge can put this into practical terms for me. Cah mi nah get more than 140 kb/s in real life.

Lime fool fool Adsl was giving me that.
    at first when i got my digicel modem that was 10days ago i was getting blazing speed 650/kbs downloads that lasted for two days,i had not used it to download anything again until two days ago, since then i have not able to achieve more than 38/kbs at any time ,but yet when i do a speed test it always shows between 4/mbps and 9/mbps ,now how is this possible bearing in mind i don't download torrents. just simple 100mb files ,it just don't add up we are being hoodwinked by digicel,using my daily Claro 3G i have never gone under 100/kbs i have always gotten between 100/kbs to 160/kbs constant .at this rate i think i will be sticking to my claro 3g for a while yet ,i will not allow myself to be tricked by digi again them too dam thief ,them can keep the three thousand dollars i have already given them ,i most certainly wont be paying any bills unless things drastically improves.
    We Cant All Be Perfect So Just Accept Me
    For What I Am.And Oh Dont Mind My Spelling It's Being That Way All My Life: