Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight II - mulltiplayer RPG

4th sneak peak at Torchlight II brings a double whammy.

This week, we have a double feature! Here we are pulling back the curtain and giving players a sneak peek into a few environments of Torchlight II with an introduction by Patrick Blank, Lead Level Designer. We will be explaining a bit about what to expect from the different types of areas, how they are technically different from each other, and how the environments compare to the first Torchlight game.
    Read more: Making the World of Torchlight II

This week, we have a double feature! Here we have a Level Design Q & A with Art Director Jason Beck and Lead Level Designer Patrick Blank, with questions asked by Runic Forums members!
    Read more: Level Design Q & A

Some pics (more located at the links above) (click for larger versions)
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Torchlight II is at E3 and showed off some of the game play. Hopefully more would be coming soon as I don't feel that's enough. grrrr

Video: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53439/tor...-e3-2011-live/
    More info on the game: http://www.gamingbits.com/general-ga...ds-on-e3-2011/

Coming later this year they say. I am so gonna buy this when it drops.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jun 8, 2011 at 01:12 AM.

hope they fix the dam quest accepting n finding this time, cause u dont even get a lil way point they only tell u stuff n u hav to search out countless floors smh
    CASE: Dell Aurora R6, CPU: Core i7 7700k, Cooler: Gen3 NoBrand H80i, MoBo:Dell z270, RAM: 32Gb Curcial DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, HDD: Samsung 500Gb 970 M.2 NVME/ 3x WD 4Tb Blue Ed, GPUs: EVGA RTX 2080 8Gb DDR6, PSU: Generic Dell 1000watts

Here is an interview with the CEO about Torchlight II.

Runic Games is aiming to release Torchlight II on PC and Mac via Steam (and other platforms) before the end of 2011 for a price between twenty and thirty dollars.
    Source: http://www.ripten.com/2011/06/08/e3-...ablo-hands-on/

Quote Originally Posted by taxiwarez View Post
    hope they fix the dam quest accepting n finding this time, cause u dont even get a lil way point they only tell u stuff n u hav to search out countless floors smh
    lol wut? The item they want you to find is on floor x. So just head to floor x and look for it. It's not that hard.
    They always tell you what floor the item or boss is on for you to complete the quest.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jun 8, 2011 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    lol wut? The item they want you to find is on floor x. So just head to floor x and look for it. It's not that hard.
    They always tell you what floor the item or boss is on for you to complete the quest.

Leave him alone A_A yuh nuh si a some spoon feeding him a look.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jun 9, 2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: clipped quote for brevity
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Some more video clips of the game. Did I already say I am sooo gonna buy this when it comes out?

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6319192/

Best in-game footage of Torchlight II so far. Really love what I see.
    All the dungeons will be totally random. You will never find yourself in the same dungeon again. That's pretty cool.

Part 1

Part 2

The price for Torshlight II will be the same as was the first version: $19.99 US

Hey everyone, we thought we would share the news we just sent out to the Press this morning!

August 26, 2011 – Seattle, WA - Runic Games, Inc. ("Runic Games"), a specialized developer of PC-based interactive entertainment software in the United States, made two announcements this morning in conjunction with the Penny Arcade Expo 2011, beginning today in Seattle.

Runic Games unveiled the price point for Torchlight II today, and as promised, the studio continues to champion the model of affordable games with great value. Torchlight II will retail for $19.99 USD, the same price as the original Torchlight.

“It’s always been our goal to provide exceptional value for the price,” says Max Schaefer, CEO of Runic Games. “Everyone who wants to play Torchlight II will be able to comfortably afford to do so, and they’ll be able to play with their friend online or via a LAN, or play single player offline, all with no further purchases.””

Runic Games also announced the fourth playable class of Torchlight II, the magic-wielding Embermage. The mysterious Embermage joins the previously announced Engineer, Outlander, and Berserker classes. This marks the culmination of a month long buildup introducing each class to players.

Torchlight II will release for PC in 2011.
    Source: http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/...-announcement/

It should be out in September/October.

So who is buying this on steam we could have some co-op play
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    So who is buying this on steam we could have some co-op play
    I dunno about steam, but I buying this as soon as it drop.