Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LIME TV!!! NOW OFFICIALLY Launched

LIME doing mobile...going nowhere fast, a major waste of time, not necessary and a whole lot of negativity.

Digicel goes 4G... people running all over there homes trying to find signal and barely getting signal, no USB dongle available and other problems.

If Digicel came out with the same mobile TV there would be joy from everyone. Digicel mentioned Digi TV earlier and people were very excited.
    I think a lot of the negative comments are coming from actual Digicel employees (whether directly or indirectly).
    All we need to do is to wait and see. There are phones that a TV capable that can be connected to a TV and DC digital did demo that at the consumer electronic show so you will be able to connect to your TV or the video player in your motor vehicle.

We don't know enough about this this service to be so negative.

Quote Originally Posted by dspjm28 View Post
    LIME doing mobile...going nowhere fast, a major waste of time, not necessary and a whole lot of negativity.

Digicel goes 4G... people running all over there homes trying to find signal and barely getting signal, no USB dongle available and other problems.

If Digicel came out with the same mobile TV there would be joy from everyone. Digicel mentioned Digi TV earlier and people were very excited.
    I think a lot of the negative comments are coming from actual Digicel employees (whether directly or indirectly).
    All we need to do is to wait and see. There are phones that a TV capable that can be connected to a TV and DC digital did demo that at the consumer electronic show so you will be able to connect to your TV or the video player in your motor vehicle.

We don't know enough about this this service to be so negative.
    Boss...POST OF THE YEAR, you couldnt have said it any better...the digigroupies on here as I like to call them, will spit on anything that the other networks do but sing praises for anything Digicel does.

They bias as hell on here.....imagine this dude TECHNOLOGY talking bout what people can afford and not even know the price but sees no problem with people taking out $60 000 loan fi buy computer to use wimax and nearly $10 000 more for start up and equipment.

I am all for innovation and think LIME has done a lot of crap in the past but I am glad to see that they followed through on their plans with this new product...unlike Digicel who promised it bout 4 or 5 years ago

the politics dictate that any product with the assumption of being in favor to the consumers have over the years and now done nothing but to quietly take money out of our pockets and give it to those who are overflowing with it. in this economy we must refrain to even entertain such as these.

yup mobile tv not going anywhere. if u have 3g unlimited from claro u can watch tv on ur iphone very well . it makes no sense.... to be watching tv at that size

I wish people would stop compare TV(lime tv) with internet (digicel 4G), them not in the same league.. Anyway I see how useful this service can be for people on the go. Just got to watch and see how it develops, if lime wasn't so apple like and trying convince the people that this thing is GOD sent and so on, it wouldn't seem that bad. LIME still has alot more work to do before they can be classified the most innovative in Jamaica, it's not criticism, its facts.
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

CHinese mobile TV phones sold like hot bread, so in theory the nay sayers are absolutely incorrect. The problem lime faces is unlike analog tv, there service will be subscriber based and unlike internet service which is 100% subsciber based and has no free analog alternative, lime will be hard pressed to convince people to spend cash on something like subscriber based TV on a device that willonly be able to run it for a couple hours off battery.

what they will have to come up with is a per minute or per second billing process that is a fraction of the cost to make an on net call for the basic channels (tvj,cvm,love @ say $100 per hour or even a day of viewing), value packages (channel bundles that work out cheap like say $1000 for the local channels for a week etc.), along with the premium channels that will eventually be where they make a profit and last but not least pay-per-view events such as sport etc.).

It can do well but like digi did with wimax it has to be very well priced. then ppl like me will jump at it.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by madcats99 View Post
    iS THE N900 DVB-H compatible?

Saw something on Tv about LIME 100days social plan for blackberry... Any more info? Like price an conditions...

edit: call customer care... 650 for messenger only, 750 for social network...
    Nokia has a DVB-H bluetooth reciever for their phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    CHinese mobile TV phones sold like hot bread, so in theory the nay sayers are absolutely incorrect. The problem lime faces is unlike analog tv, there service will be subscriber based and unlike internet service which is 100% subsciber based and has no free analog alternative, lime will be hard pressed to convince people to spend cash on something like subscriber based TV on a device that willonly be able to run it for a couple hours off battery.

what they will have to come up with is a per minute or per second billing process that is a fraction of the cost to make an on net call for the basic channels (tvj,cvm,love @ say $100 per hour or even a day of viewing), value packages (channel bundles that work out cheap like say $1000 for the local channels for a week etc.), along with the premium channels that will eventually be where they make a profit and last but not least pay-per-view events such as sport etc.).

It can do well but like digi did with wimax it has to be very well priced. then ppl like me will jump at it.
    Yea correct, but I dont even watch TV . It would be good if they could offer cartoon network so my lil sis can watch Dora lol.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    It would be good if they could offer cartoon network so my lil sis can watch Dora lol.
    That's a part of the channel lineup so no need to be sad. Your sis will get her Dora.

Quote Originally Posted by fistikal View Post
    yup mobile tv not going anywhere. if u have 3g unlimited from claro u can watch tv on ur iphone very well . it makes no sense.... to be watching tv at that size
    Is this a joke seriously. Claro's 3G is one big bag of dung... I recently tried getting the service and it wasn't even available in my area which is not a rural area...suh stop spread this false info. Claro's 3G is under performing as far I can see, plus they have the worst Customer Service Reps in existence, both in store and on the phone. Come offa LIME case and see what the product is all about before you start kill it. You same one might have to subscribe to it. In this life never say never. Answer this question... Why is it that LIME TV not going anywhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Answer this question... Why is it that LIME TV not going anywhere ?
    Mobile TV ???s.. who really needs or wants to watch TV on a mobile handset ... sure there is a small novelty factor .. but in the long term ... it no make good business sense.... I for one don't think there will be a massive take up for this

I also think that t won't go no where is because the business case for it is bound to fall down - think of the cost they will have to pay to CNN, Fox soccer channel, cartoon network etc ... industry average for TV Content is about US $1 per foreign channel per subscriber - so the 15 channels they say they will give may end up costing LIME over $1250 per month per subscriber - and that is before all of the other costs to roll out the service _ i.e. equipment, spectrum, marketing etc... all that considered it supposed to well sticky for them to even make a profit .... not like they even have the critical mass of subscribers to get sufficient volume to make the numbers work ... plus I am sure that the cost of those limited DVB-H handsets is prohibitive - so another cross against it having mass market take up ... which is essential ingredient for the business case to work....

Even if they end up rolling out a set top box based solution it still going to be hard for them to make the numbers stack up in my view ...

so all things considered .... the mobile thing is just hype .. it nah go work and not going to fly .. maybe the set top box thing have a bit of use .. but doubt it will be a huge success ....

only thing for certain .. .. LIME a go loose money on this thing ... then again isn't that what they are best at!!!

Quote Originally Posted by protour View Post
    Mobile TV ???s.. who really needs or wants to watch TV on a mobile handset ... sure there is a small novelty factor .. but in the long term ... it no make good business sense.... I for one don't think there will be a massive take up for this

I also think that t won't go no where is because the business case for it is bound to fall down - think of the cost they will have to pay to CNN, Fox soccer channel, cartoon network etc ... industry average for TV Content is about US $1 per foreign channel per subscriber - so the 15 channels they say they will give may end up costing LIME over $1250 per month per subscriber - and that is before all of the other costs to roll out the service _ i.e. equipment, spectrum, marketing etc... all that considered it supposed to well sticky for them to even make a profit .... not like they even have the critical mass of subscribers to get sufficient volume to make the numbers work ... plus I am sure that the cost of those limited DVB-H handsets is prohibitive - so another cross against it having mass market take up ... which is essential ingredient for the business case to work....

Even if they end up rolling out a set top box based solution it still going to be hard for them to make the numbers stack up in my view ...

so all things considered .... the mobile thing is just hype .. it nah go work and not going to fly .. maybe the set top box thing have a bit of use .. but doubt it will be a huge success ....

only thing for certain .. .. LIME a go loose money on this thing ... then again isn't that what they are best at!!!
    same thing mi a say, i had a chinese phone that you could use to watch tv, i watch cvm, love and tvj on it, at first i was excited i could watch tv on a phone then after a short while i got bored of it, i even have a tv application on my blackberry and i can watch dozens of channels via 3g or wifi and i havent used it in forever, i just got bored of it, much nicer watching on a tele . LIME wont go too far with this.
    Blackberry Bold 9000 (retired)
    OS 5.0.0.592
    Alcatel sPop jelly bean 4.1.1
    If There's A Will There's A Way.