Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LIME TV!!! NOW OFFICIALLY Launched

Default LIME TV!!! NOW OFFICIALLY Launched

The product has been launched with a media launch.
    keynote by Chris Dehring... more to come stay tuned to the thread

This one is a TechJa exclusive for now....

What's funny is that Chris Dehring alluded to the partnership with LIME and DC Digital which I always knew about, but yet still I saw DC Digital showcasing the same product at the recently held Consumer Electronics Show at the Hilton, put on by Digicel. I wonder what's going to come out of that stunt... It's a LIME product, yet Digicel endorsing it at CES... Digicel get a beating on this one sah...

Good one Lime & DC, jah know iyah corporate politics is really nasty Suh basically Digicel is endorsing LIME's new product at their CES... madddddd

Last edited by Cultus; Aug 28, 2010 at 08:53 AM.

LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    Dis one going to hit Digicel like an Earthquake.... Wonder what will become of Digi TV, because as far as I know the license was acquired by DC Digital... and LIME done close the deal with DC. hmmmm interesting times I tell you...is DigiTV dead ?
    Last edited by Cultus; Aug 27, 2010 at 02:14 PM.

DigiTV is no more. Digicel took the name and ran with it to their market in Tongo. DigiTV was supposed to be a joint venture with DC and Digicel but Digicel was focusing more on WiMAx and never had the $$ to put up. So LIME capitalize on the opportunity. I posted this a year ago that LIME had somethign coming but nuff people never beleive say LIME still had a fighting chance
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance. - Samuel Jackson

Well, guess we just have to wait and see how this one plays out. LIME always finds ways to kill their own products and they are still the second most hated company in Jamaica, i wont make any predictions but i dont think the takeup will be high.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

the problem that constantly killing TOJ/C&W/LIME...is the internal politics and the old heads that were in the ship from "whappy kill fillup" and they were dragging the company down and then you had those who just come fi "nyaam a food" and lef and the company just cudnt survive properly and they really dont care about custormers needs especially outside of the Corporate area. them ADSL is crap in country, paying for 4Mbps down and only getting .5Mbps barely sometime

I honestly hope this is a new direction for them and that the pricing structure will not kill poor people
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Aug 27, 2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance. - Samuel Jackson

This LimeTV is going nowhere fast ...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

I agree 100%. Speaking with persons in the company they are even more frustrated with senior management than us the consumers. How one company can get it so wrong for so long is beyond me. I hope this works for them as they really need something, but i dont see it happening
    Last edited by topanaris; Aug 27, 2010 at 03:45 PM.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Its dead before it even started... DVB-H that was the tech that lime insisted on spending cash on. Other than expanding 3g nationwide and making 2mbps the basic speed.

Who in them right mind going to watch tv on a 240 x 320 pixels, 2.4 inches screen. Better if you get a a smart phone with a high resolution and load it with your media.

Does DVB-H have other applications like a Dish like feel with 230 station?
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Why do you assume that DVB-H (mobile) will be the only thing they are launching in the future? As DVB-H is a superset of DVB-T (terrestrial) it is highly likely that they could launch the terrestrial version later in the year or early next year.

With DC-Digital already having the islandwide license to provide a wireless subscriber television and the supposed expertise we will just have to wait and see what comes next.