Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news PS3 hacked with PS Jailbreak

Thumbs up Breaking news PS3 hacked with PS Jailbreak

According to multiple sources, it seems as if the PS3 has been 'hacked' with a new commercial USB Device called the 'PS Jailbreak'. This seems like the modern day 'HD Loader' and will allow owners to dump all original PS3 games onto a FAT32 hard drive and play the game entirely from there. There is an official website for the product, a retailer has released a couple of videos of it, plus a number of 'hackers' have confirmed it is the real deal. Although there is still the chance that it doesn't perform as expected, so keep an open mind. This is surely a major blow to Sony as the device is apparently plug n' play and works on the latest firmware. *Update* - More details revealed including claims that it will run games 2x faster than Blu-ray, support homebrew and will be fully updateable - a second video has just been released too. All the details inside!

The product description and FAQ from various websites:

Q: What firmware version does PS JailBreak it work on?
    A. It apparently works on a couple of old firmware verisons, but it was designed for the latest firmware version 3.41

Q. Does PS Jailbreak allow you to dump ps2 games, ps1 game, Blu ray movies?
    A. No, just PS3 games.

Q. Does PS JailBreak allow every game to work?
    A. Apparently 150 games have been tested, and they all work. If a game happens to have 1 file over 4gb the program will not be able to rip the game onto the harddrive. Apparently the worl around is to dump it on an internal hardrive

Q. Can I still play online with PS Jailbreak?
    A. When today (19.08.2010) you can, we can't guarantee you will never be banned for using the 3rd party device.

Q. Can Sonly block this with firmware updates?
    A. Probably. The have have the USb dongle firmware upgradable, but you can never predict the future. This is made to work with 3.41. If you happen to download an install an update which is higher then this then it is your doing. We will not accept stock back as "faulty" if you have upgraded your firmware.

Here's more from the makers, promises 2x faster playback, homebrew and more:

*PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

* Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.
    Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

* PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
    Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)

* Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.
    Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.

Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

HMMM.....the stampede starts in 5...4...3...
    PIN: 22552e31 GEMINI
    Once powered by Claro
    Now powered by LIME

Saw this but will believe when more ppl got it,

http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/psj...soles-arrives/

has some info about what devs in the ps3 scene think
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

It looks legit to me, very interesting times ahead. The device is being sold by an Australian site for $169 (not sure if thats AUD or US)
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Now we will see if all those persons who use to pretend that they were so righteous will continue to buy PS3 games.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5