Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel WiMax

Quote Originally Posted by ginegog View Post
    I count a blinking number as 1/2 so Arch, you are getting 1/2 bar. One bar gives me over 2 meg between RHR and Molynes road. I guess I could do some "WiMax war driving" to find the sweet spots in my area .

If we can find out where the WiMax transmitter is, it will help you in pointing but that is only useful if you have clear line of sight. It is said that there are two omni directional antennas inside but the unit is directional. Concrete and grillwork are not friendly to signals so if you can avoid those you should get better reception. (( or you could rig it up with a weatherproof housing and an old 4' satellite dish ))
    Worth while suggestion!!!!! It seems that A_A has NLOS (non line of site) issues which the end result is a weak signal. You probably live in a valley on the hill A_A, n if that is the case try a sensitive external omni directional antenna hooked up to the modem if it allows for that.
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    had anyone plugged it into an inverter and drove around with it
    Why would you plug it into an inverter and drive around with it when there is a USB modem?

Wouldn't a laptop and the USB modem be a better option for drive-by testing?

so apparently the usb modem allows for unlimited wifi connections whereas the pce allows only 4.
    my question is... seeing as this is converted to wifi and thats how the computer accesses the internet...ill assume you can extend the wifi to my laptop's ethernet port and plug in my xbox or desktop or so and get internet right?
    maybe even a splitter?
    im asking cause im about to change from flow to the mobile 4G but i dont want the fixed packagr but i dont want to leave out my xbox 360

and the gay part is even if ur computer has the wimax chip built in... they wont allow it
    you must buy their modems
    ugh
    but this is really good
    so ignore my possible ignorance...
    but does this now mean that 4G phones if unlocked can work on digicels 4g network?
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Aug 13, 2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    ·÷±‡±[ΞЖþêřŦ §øü£jåh]±‡±÷·

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Why would you plug it into an inverter and drive around with it when there is a USB modem?

Wouldn't a laptop and the USB modem be a better option for drive-by testing?
    becuz i dont have a laptop, and a mobile hotspot would give my phone constant access to the internet, also the dongle doesnt have wifi, only the modem and my purpose in doing this would be to test and see which areas i could pick up coverage in
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    had anyone plugged it into an inverter and drove around with it
    I will do just that in the coming week. I need to find where the signal is coming from and what my alignment options are.

antenna jus went up by my complex (as i look outside im lookin at it in the sky, 1 min walk away from me)

suspect that this is a wimax antenna
    currently wrkin with flow

this antenna jus went up bout lil over 2 weeks now... not sure if it up n runing 100% yet

i just got the modem up and running and did a speed test but its sloooooooooooow
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

wat are u at zero ?
    u know if u close to any base station and what lvl signal u got ?

mobay westgate hills and on barnett street at work but im only getting one bar at work i think its cuz the building is old and used lead paint in the past

A Digicel sales agent came to my home trying to sign me up for the service w/ the CPE Modem, but I'm not sure the how the quality is like. How is the service in Spanish Town, Off the old Harbour road and in Old Harbour?