Thread: A Phone Everyone'll Love: The Geeks Phone ONE

Default A Phone Everyone'll Love: The Geeks Phone ONE

Bumped into this and thought it was pretty good in terms of all-rounder goodness. GeeksPhone is a pretty new company based in Madrid, and the ONE's their first device. Some of the main points going for it:

1. It's the first Android phone to come rooted out of the box.
    2. Emphasis on call quality (signal transmission must be on the up and up).
    3. Comes with the WaveSecure security app and free lifetime service.
    4. Slightly above average battery life to capacity ratio.
    5. Reasonable price ($450) for a phone with it's level of features.

Specifications

While testing the device, I had to remind myself that I was not using a $650 phone. For the price, I find the ONE a reasonably good option. It is by no means an entry-level handset as it will cost you around $425 (285€) to buy. Indeed, it is not cheap. But for your money you get WiFi, aGPS, 3G, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a full QWERTY sliding keyboard, and a decent screen resolution.

. . .

Overall, there are better devices out there that will cost you far more money. However, it is still cheaper than the HTC Magic, which is about where the phone now sits in terms of specifications. If you want a device that does everything, but isn’t the best at anything, the the Geeks’Phone ONE may be for you. I can easily recommend it for those that wish to be foot-loose from a carrier and do not have to spend a fortune on a phone.
    AndroidAuthority review

GP is also currently working on their second handset called the PURE (Power-User Revolutionary Experience). I'm already in a tizzy wondering what that'll be like . This phone is definitely up there on my "most likely to buy" list .
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Hardware weak, 528mhz ARM11 on android??
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Hardware weak, 528mhz ARM11 on android??
    yea that processor kinda suit more along the windows mobile line a things

Quote Originally Posted by mrpaulrich View Post
    yea that processor kinda suit more along the windows mobile line a things
    and its for only low end winmo touch. The only os that can run comfy on that is symbian.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline