Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dekal Wireless took Digicel by surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by jamtech View Post
    I never know that everything runs on water nowadays.......and even water you have to buy at times.......Tell you what, ask digi to sell data to a few people off a tower and come and tell us if it is feasible...........oh, they have to charge $2,400 per month @ 4Mbps.
    My exact take on the situation. This additional data requirement is gonna cost them money and someone going to have to pay = customer.
    The one issue here is that the service providers did not plan for this kind of data provision in the outset so it is going to require them to make a additional financial investment to accommodate changes in technology.

"Simply.......If you want it, pay for it."
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Frankly i think both Dekal and Digicel got it wrong, 70% of the populous lives in Kingston, St Catherine, and St. Andrew not giving them access to internet is a big blunder if you ask me. Especially now we are in back to school mode to not target the collegiate masses to me just doesnt make sense. Dekal has something that nobody else has in the market -convenience and frankly i think they are selling themselves short by relegating their service to the bush. Digicel has their head so far up their assess they cant smell thier own (you know what) they see themselves as 10000 lb gorilla in the room. But as a previous poster said they did take to long to come to market, and frankly the service that they plan to offer will be cost prohibitive (an we know that only thing Digi waives are the rags at Carnival) and i believe the take up will be slim.
    Every new telecom provider\telecom service always start off by targeting those areas. It's a given that most people in those areas are already connected. Even if that market have more people, the fact is, there too much competition thus reducing the chances for success. Before a business plan is created, the execs should define their niche market. For Dekal this is the underserved areas of Jamaica. Common sense alone suppose to tell you that it will be more profitable if they target the neglected areas.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

well said ropy, i'm with you on that, going into a business like that and trying to target people who have already connected is a 98-2% chance, thats the very same reason why j2-connect failed so miserable, dekal is a franchise streaming directly from flow, now how wise would it be to by service from someone and try to target the ares that that very same person is already in(that would be a very foolish blunder), at the pace that dekal is moving in my opinion they will step into digicels wimax neck and brake brake it, like samuels rightly puts it they(digi) will flop

Quote Originally Posted by mega man View Post
    well said ropy, i'm with you on that, going into a business like that and trying to target people who have already connected is a 98-2% chance, thats the very same reason why j2-connect failed so miserable, dekal is a franchise streaming directly from flow, now how wise would it be to by service from someone and try to target the ares that that very same person is already in(that would be a very foolish blunder), at the pace that dekal is moving in my opinion they will step into digicels wimax neck and brake brake it, like samuels rightly puts it they(digi) will flop
    strategic blunder of the highest order...they should have just invested in 3G and introduce some data plans to work on the 2 million phones they claim they have out there

but the bigger blunder was blabbing them mouth over a year ago and tell their competitors what they were up to

Quote Originally Posted by Samwells View Post
    strategic blunder of the highest order...they should have just invested in 3G and introduce some data plans to work on the 2 million phones they claim they have out there

but the bigger blunder was blabbing them mouth over a year ago and tell their competitors what they were up to
    Samwells, I have been preaching that gospel from day one, but the digicel pharasees and fanboys knew so much that now they themselves are left in the dark........Tami, castro and others think that wimax was the holy grail and drank from the wrong cup..............Claro and Lime rolling out 3g for handsets, yet digicel customers are left in the dark with edge. I guess most of their consumers are not tech savy and still lives in the stone age.

Tami, I would love to see you play Itchy and fancy cat video on your edge connection......lol.......buffering.....buffering. ...buffering.
    The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away.

Samwells, I have been preaching that gospel from day one, but the digicel pharasees and fanboys knew so much that now they themselves are left in the dark........Tami, castro and others think that wimax was the holy grail and drank from the wrong cup..............Claro and Lime rolling out 3g for handsets, yet digicel customers are left in the dark with edge. I guess most of their consumers are not tech savy and still lives in the stone age.

Tami, I would love to see you play Itchy and fancy cat video on your edge connection......lol.......buffering.....buffering. ...buffering.
    I'd like to see you play that same video on ur BB
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    I'd like to see you play that same video on ur BB
    Which blackberry btw? Boss yu still living on the EDGE

Jamtech,

Not sure if you're aware but some people are paying 5k for 1.5Mbps wireless right here in Jamaica. 2400 for 4Mbps would be welcome, I think.

Samwells,

I wasn't being literal. I meant as an example, that Digicel is introducing these phones as stepping stones. If they're offering Android devices right now that are working at Edge and GPRS (and soon Digi 3G) there's no reason to assume they won't be introducing Wimax compat. Android devices in the near future when such devices come about. Everyone is saying that Wimax isn't for cell phones blah blah blah or that that's not Digi's focus. That may be so, but there's no harm done in letting loose phones (a phone) that can use your best technology.
    Samsung will be releasing Wimax enabled phones which also use the GSM band in Q4 of this year.

Which blackberry btw? Boss yu still living on the EDGE
    don't you worry abt the edge, data plans are coming in the next 2 months if not before
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    don't you worry abt the edge, data plans are coming in the next 2 months if not before
    Wake up from the digicel nightmare dream that you are having.....next 2 months........what? 3g (although its your wish).....bring it on.....then we can all say they have the guts.....but for now - pathetic.