Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dekal Wireless took Digicel by surprise...

Default Dekal Wireless took Digicel by surprise...

As Movado said: "the wickedest weapon a silence"...Digicel will learn from this...in such a competitive industry its best you act and not announce your intentions especially over a year before you actually launch something.

A couple of months after Digicel had announced the viability of introducing Netbooks, Claro introduced it...

Now Dekal Wireless has launched and has targeted the underserved areas that no doubt Digicel was gonna target.

http://www.dekalwireless.com/coverage.htm

I beleive the combo of FLOW, Claro, LIME and now Dekal will put a huge squeeze on WIMAX...

Digicel in my opinion took too long to launch WIMAX and did a bad thing by announcing it from last year and it will prove to be a strategic blunder as the others will squeeze them even more with pricing and bumped up speed.

One should also realize the clout and influence of the owners of Dekal Wireless.

Thats where your half right dekal is mostly available in the populated areas. For example i live in clarendon and dekl is only available in may pen what about the other parts of clarendon. Clarendon is a big parish and knowing digicel if they follow the same trend as the cell towers then hopefully wimax will be in every sections of the island, especially the most remote of areas.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    Thats where your half right dekal is mostly available in the populated areas. For example i live in clarendon and dekl is only available in may pen what about the other parts of clarendon. Clarendon is a big parish and knowing digicel if they follow the same trend as the cell towers then hopefully wimax will be in every sections of the island, especially the most remote of areas.
    Yeah but at what cost. You know you gotta pay to play with Digicel.....
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

My peeps live in Clarendon and they have 3G services from Claro...have u tried that?

Thats where you are half right. Wimax is not the ordinary cell phone service. The demand has to be there......Wimax cost alot of dough to implement..........configuring a cell tower to serve few customers will not happen, thats why digicel will be rolling out in limited areas also.
    The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away.

BTW all of you who think ANY company gonna spend to offer service to a community of 20 people better think again...if its not FINANCIALLY viable then they wont go there

I have claro 3g, but i would prefer a stable internet connection, like a flow. The claro is stable at times but sometimes its not even worth it.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Quote Originally Posted by jamtech View Post
    Thats where you are half right. Wimax is not the ordinary cell phone service. The demand has to be there......Wimax cost alot of dough to implement..........configuring a cell tower to serve few customers will not happen, thats why digicel will be rolling out in limited areas also.
    Rollout will be in approx 60% of the island. Its also alot cheaper than 3g and 3-4 time its range so a single site can cover a whole lot more people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samwells View Post
    BTW all of you who think ANY company gonna spend to offer service to a community of 20 people better think again...if its not FINANCIALLY viable then they wont go there
    Thats true but the whole idea with wimax is that once you have cell signal in an area it is very likely that you will have broadband signal, again because of it's greater range.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Tell claro remove the 3gb cap until then imo its not suitable for pc usage, right now dekal coverage is a bit limited..... lets see what happens in time. No one knows what digi really has to offer (Price,Availability.... Speed?) so i'll wait for it to go public before i criticize or praise

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Rollout will be in approx 60% of the island. Its also alot cheaper than 3g and 3-4 time its range so a single site can cover a whole lot more people.

Thats true but the whole idea with wimax is that once you have cell signal in an area it is very likely that you will have broadband signal, again because of it's greater range.
    Once you have aGSM signal its a good chance u going get a WIMAX signal?

Boss the people dem running a business not a charity...the more populated areas will be the ones who get the service.

The point I was making about the big boys and politics playing a big part in this is that all necessary waivers and fast tracking of rolling out for Dekal will be quick and smooth as has been the case for them so far.

Digicel shoulda roll it out long time since they already had so much of the necessary infrastructure out already