Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Ways BlackBerry Can Stay Relevant

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    Could you elaborate on this statement as I'm sorta lost
    You know that not everyone has BIS or BES activated all the time. Especially in situations like ours with digicel where our BIS expires or in situations where the phone gets lost. What I'm saying is that if one of your contacts service is not activated there should be a notification of some kind that informs us of these situations.
    DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500)
    Tab: Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by samson1433 View Post
    You know that not everyone has BIS or BES activated all the time. Especially in situations like ours with digicel where our BIS expires or in situations where the phone gets lost. What I'm saying is that if one of your contacts service is not activated there should be a notification of some kind that informs us of these situations.
    Actually their is a notification when a contact's service has expired and it is generally seen when you restart your blackberry and check your BBM contacts you will see a message stating to delete or re-add them
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Actually their is a notification when a contact's service has expired and it is generally seen when you restart your blackberry and check your BBM contacts you will see a message stating to delete or re-add them
    Really, if that is so, did you see that notification when you restarted your berry for my name? Right now I'm not currently connected.
    DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500)
    Tab: Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by samson1433 View Post
    Really, if that is so, did you see that notification when you restarted your berry for my name? Right now I'm not currently connected.
    I have over 300 BB contacts so I will have to look out for your name next time
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

The first point is true too much emphasis is put into app development and not mobile web.
    Look at how the web when it comes to desktops. Modern cellphones are more than powerful enough to handle any thing thrown at them on the mobile web content.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    The first point is true too much emphasis is put into app development and not mobile web.
    Look at how the web when it comes to desktops. Modern cellphones are more than powerful enough to handle any thing thrown at them on the mobile web content.
    I agree and that is why RIM has placed so much importance on its new mobile web kit browser. Personally I see cellphones clocking the 2GHZ mode within a year or so from now especially on the Android based handsets
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

i thought it was a strange move tht RIM made with the OS6 since it only supports bld 2 and up, isnt that cutting off a significant portion of their market?
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    i thought it was a strange move tht RIM made with the OS6 since it only supports bld 2 and up, isnt that cutting off a significant portion of their market?
    Right now they don't have a choice especially since the older BB's won't have enough memory to support the new OS plus the Bold 2 and Pearl 3G are making just the basic specs of 256mb to run the new OS
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Right now they don't have a choice especially since the older BB's won't have enough memory to support the new OS plus the Bold 2 and Pearl 3G are making just the basic specs of 256mb to run the new OS
    So didn't RIM realize that the new OS would make the current hardware obsolete. Rim's not that stupid. I don't think so maybe they'll have different versions like what apple did for their IOS4.0. They left out all the good stuff for the iphone 3g and left tweaked the rest for the iphone 3gs.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Quote Originally Posted by docdibble View Post
    all need to do is change status duh. Anyways agree with ricky in that bis package is the selling point along with bbm. After all a bb is the cheapest internet access from free wifi plus the inter-network worldwide connectivity of bbm.
    Changing ur stauts doesnt do anything, ur still connected and u can still get messages. As was said before by someone, some ppl like to be connected but not 24/7. It wud be nice to signout or disconnect once in a while to avoid being messages.