Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Ways BlackBerry Can Stay Relevant

Default 4 Ways BlackBerry Can Stay Relevant

Five years ago, a Canadian handset company stormed onto the scene with the hottest “must have” mobile device. The RIM BlackBerrywas around before the iPhone, when the Droid was still just science fiction.

Today, the seas have changed considerably. The mobile scene is now a two-horse race between Apple and Google. Where is RIM, the company that still commands so much of the smartphone market?

The days of the always-reliable BlackBerry may be numbered, save for a major re-focus of the company. BlackBerry will have to not only find its roots, but use them as a recipe to regain its thought leadership amongst mobile influencers and consumers. Here are four possible approaches.
    Full Article
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

4? they need that much, all they need to do is market bbm/ push email. Everything else can come in line after that.

I am sure if bbm was removed many of us will pick up a droid phone or jump to the apple cult.

Think: What is the one feature of a bb that other phones dont have. Take that feature and market the hell out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Likklekilla View Post
    4? they need that much, all they need to do is market bbm/ push email. Everything else can come in line after that.

I am sure if bbm was removed many of us will pick up a droid phone or jump to the apple cult.

Think: What is the one feature of a bb that other phones dont have. Take that feature and market the hell out of it.
    Trust me if BBM or BIS was removed then Blackberry would fizzle out similar to Windows Mobile BBM and BIS are the key selling points for RIM and it's their competitive advantage
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

i think BBM is annoying the fact that u cant log out of it is cause enough to avoid BB at least in my case, i love to be connected but not 24/7
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    i think BBM is annoying the fact that u cant log out of it is cause enough to avoid BB at least in my case, i love to be connected but not 24/7
    Well that is your opinion and it has it's good and bad points. Personally if you don't wanna answer just close the conversation or mute your berry and the other party will never even know if you wanted to talk or not
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

mite the entire device hmmm doesn't sound like a practical solution, anyways I dont own a BB and never will it was never attractive to me as a device
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

all need to do is change status duh. Anyways agree with ricky in that bis package is the selling point along with bbm. After all a bb is the cheapest internet access from free wifi plus the inter-network worldwide connectivity of bbm.
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    Trust me if BBM or BIS was removed then Blackberry would fizzle out similar to Windows Mobile BBM and BIS are the key selling points for RIM and it's their competitive advantage
    i agree on this without bbm or bis it dont worth having a phone
    BUSY WORKING MY WAY TO BE A MILLIONAIRE

I think RIM needs to incorporate some notification beside a contacts name when their BIS is not currently activated.
    DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500)
    Tab: Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by samson1433 View Post
    I think RIM needs to incorporate some notification beside a contacts name when their BIS is not currently activated.
    Could you elaborate on this statement as I'm sorta lost
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991