Thread: Pope: Gay marriage is "evil"

Default Pope: Gay marriage is "evil"

ROME, Italy (Reuters) -- Homosexual marriages are part of "a new ideology of evil" that is insidiously threatening society, Pope John Paul says in his newly published book.

Full story
    Nexus S - Android 2.3.3 CM7, Jame Bond kernel with BLN, ext4 & full voodoo
    Bold 9700 - OS6.0.0.448

Default Re: Pope: Gay marriage is "evil"

"It is legitimate and necessary to ask oneself if this is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man,"
    thats exacty what i have been thinking all along
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

what about all those priests and such doing the unspeakable with small boys? what does he say about that? i have heard cases where the higher ups in the catholic church knew the priests were doing bad things to boys and all they did was transfer the priests to different churches where they kept right on doing evil! somebody read jer 23!!!
    Last edited by hebrew sista; Feb 23, 2005 at 02:14 PM.
    what you perceive is what you will achieve

Often times, I wonder if our opposing views will be remembered.
    (quote)
    A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
    --Max Planck

i share your thoughts Hebrew Sista.....what does the PoPe classify his high preists behaviours as being??.... to me they are homosexulas too just that they start growing their boyfirendsfrom they are young..... thinking bout it alone makes me digusted....and to think the elders of theses cathloic churches try to hide it all the time....paasing it off as if its nothing NO to homosexuality on all levels.... NOT ON MY TEAM!!!!!
    Last edited by tallyouth; Feb 23, 2005 at 10:24 PM.
    Life is unfair
    But you dont have to be!!!

i think is clear that he is against it ... It obvious he doesnt condone it , i mean homsexuality is every where it is hard to put a control on it. The gay community is quite large, contrary to popular belief, and most of these homos obtain positions of great power, it really hard to lash out againt them.

I am sure the Pope is doing the best he can to eradicate this gay practice out the catholic community... it is important to note that not all catholic priests practice this...

i agree tho this same sex thing is an unhealthy life style...

I'm glad to see the pope hitting out against gay marriages, it's sad to think that the church was even considering it. Even sadder is the fact that these comments are coming from the head of a denomination whose high-ranking priests tried to cover up the assaulting of little boys by the said priests.

I however think that the saddest thing of all was the day when they appointed the gay anglican bishop.

This was most disturbing because the world knows that he cannot be living up to God's standards. He is breaking the bible law of not sleeping with another man (of course), but besides that, he is also committing fornication(his church doesn't believe in gay marriages, hence, he's having sex out of wedlock).

It's sad the way our world is going...
    The Wisest Men Follow Their Own Direction - Euripedes