Thread: permission deny!!

Default permission deny!!

I am new to linux but first let me explain my situation.i am running CentOS in virtualbox. i am running a very minimal installation of the OS.i have install dhcp and i am trying to view the sample config file.but when i typed the path of the file (/usr/share/doc/dchp*/dhcpd.conf.sample) i am getting a permission deny.i dont understand because i am logged in as root.Could someone shed some light!!

ok ppl i forgot the text editor.may someone can help me with this simpler one.i have install the eject command.but when i type eject nothing happens!!!

u havent setup the cdrom drive for the virtual machine properly. when u go to system and the section thats for cd/dvd drives u need to select the host's drive and make sure to check the box that says "passthrough"
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Default eject command

respect sir.it was the right solution!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kashman View Post
    when i typed the path of the file (/usr/share/doc/dchp*/dhcpd.conf.sample) i am getting a permission deny.i dont understand because i am logged in as root.Could someone shed some light!!
    ok ppl i forgot the text editor.
    That is correct. When you type "vi /usr/share/doc/dchp*/dhcpd.conf.sample", Linux treats vi as the executable and opens the dhcpd.conf file. When you type "/usr/share/doc/dchp*/dhcpd.conf.sample", Linux treats dhcpd.conf as the executable. Since it is not an executable, you will get a permisson denied error.

An executable file is one that runs a programme. On Windows they have .exe extensions, such as excel.exe or word.exe.

You can also use WinSCP to SSH into the box via port 22 and browse the file system as well as edit files.
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2