Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Android Catalog

@Technocrat

Because USB 3 hasn't 'matured' enough yet, considering computers are still as of June 2010 being shipped without it. Only enthusiast/gamer PCs and higher end boards are being shipped with USB 3 ports right now.
    Give it about a year or so. Q3/Q4 2011 is my prediction, mmmmaaaybe even a bit earlier. When the $300 Dell/Acer/HP computer and most notebooks are equipped with them, I suspect so will cell phones.

For now it would be like slapping super rugged terrain tires on vehicles that are 90% surely going to stay on smooth city roads - more expensive, and unjustified.

i have noticed and increasing demand for android phones on the forums and i hope for the day that digicel will offer a real across the board data plan, i have spoken to many people about what they would do if a data plan was offered and those who i have asked said that they would gladly use other phones if the opportunity presents itself so i really think that the sub-category need to be seriously looked at.
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

this thread purpose has been fulfilled

Quote Originally Posted by L4nd0 View Post
    this thread purpose has been fulfilled
    Hmm, this thread has a lot of good info for new and not so new android owners. Sure you don't want to keep it updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Hmm, this thread has a lot of good info for new and not so new android owners. Sure you don't want to keep it updated?
    well they can now use the sub-category for that
    I was just putting them on a starting point.......now they can finish it

Just got an android for ma GF's christmas present, the HTC Aria is a pretty sweet phone. makes me want to upgrade from ma G1 to something more modern but i really dont want anything but an HTC Qwerty phone
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    Just got an android for ma GF's christmas present, the HTC Aria is a pretty sweet phone. makes me want to upgrade from ma G1 to something more modern but i really dont want anything but an HTC Qwerty phone
    get the g2 then.....
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

i goin try get a desire Z, not sure if they have bypassed the rootkit for G2 all now but i got time 2 wait. from what i see though the desire Z and the G2 cost over 500 billz and considering i dont have a fully working computer right now i gotta put ma priorities right..
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    i goin try get a desire Z, not sure if they have bypassed the rootkit for G2 all now but i got time 2 wait. from what i see though the desire Z and the G2 cost over 500 billz and considering i dont have a fully working computer right now i gotta put ma priorities right..
    There was never a rootkit. Same nand lock that's in all android phones.
    I personally think there was some anti-root scheme, but not a rootkit in the sense, just something that returns anything written into the system directory to whatever it was originally on reboot.

The G2 has been officially rooted successfully though. So has the Mytouch 4G. The Desire Z is just a carrierless flavor of the G2.

i do agree lime has been doing there thing i love the fact that they release the xperia 10 mini with andriod o.s