Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whatsapp's new security features, fail

jomo Guest

Default Whatsapp's new security features, fail

So, finally whatsapp decides to add new security features

You can

A) decide who sees the 'last seen at' time that we all hate (contacts, nobody or everyone)

B) profile picture, same options

C) status message, same option

So I'm like YEAAAAHHHH

Until I realise, even when I put last seen to NOBODY

Once in I'm whatsapp, you see 'Online' below my name

This makes, no sense!

When I'm not in there (I think) nothing is there, but once I'm IN WHATSAPP people can tell, and wonder why a) I'm not talking to them b) why I didn't answer my phone etc etc

Whatsapp needs to do better 'hide online status' is that TOO MUCH to ask for????

EDIT: hear diss now!

When I hide MY LAST SEEN time I can't see ANYONES! LOL!

Now I dunno who is up from who isn't, well I guess I see online like they see mine, but if I don't, I have no idea when last they been on, and whether to message or not

I cannot win, lol
    Last edited by jomo; Mar 14, 2014 at 10:01 PM.

LoL Jomo what or who u hiding from.
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jahman182 View Post
    LoL Jomo what or who u hiding from.
    That's not the point, the point is anyone with my PHONE NUMBER can see when I'm online, that I have my phone and I'm using whatsapp

This sucks man, I'm a slippery person, and whatsall a mess mi up

So jomo, you expect to disable your last seen and expect to see everyone else's? Really dawg!? Whatsapp is just making it fair.

Kind of like Open Source Software, can't expect to use open software make modifications, and don't give those mods back to the comminity you got the software from in the first place.

BBM for you.

jomo Guest

My problem is that I can still be seen online, and YES if people do not hide their last seen time why shouldn't I be able to see it? Just because I choose to hide mine? Rubbish

I don't use bbm, its crap, but a bait whatsapp a try bait mi up!

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    So jomo, you expect to disable your last seen and expect to see everyone else's? Really dawg!? Whatsapp is just making it fair.
    It's invasion of privacy.. AOL, MSN, Yahoo messenger has invisible mode.
    BBM and few other messengers don't show status.. BBM shows D & R which I think is much better than what WhatsCrap does.. why should people know when I'm in WhatsCrap??
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

at least whatsapp plus will hide u
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    at least whatsapp plus will hide u
    thats what i currently use

I am agreeing with the point that you should be able to hide your status from your non-contacts in the very least. The part that is confusing is that there are complaints about being "watched" but yet the complainers do the same to others.

One of the messengers allow you to be invisible but you can't send messages can't remember which one at the moment. If you want to be invisible to someone just block them temporarily

Whatsapp should get rid of last seen altogether and there would be no invasion of privacy for anyone. Te concept behind D and R is most likely patented so the tick and double tick will have to remain.

jomo Guest

Good points

#1 I agree that someone who block shouldn't want to see others but WHY NOT if THEY choose to be seen? Only reason why I'd want to see last seen is to know if someone get BACK service or sumn! LOL, I always have service cause I'm postpaid

#2 GOOD POINT about non contacts seeing your online status, that's not safe as people from 2001 when I got my # can know its still in use, try to call me, block #, etc, try send me messages etc, that's available to stalkers

I can't have that

#3 explain whatsapp plus to me, cause it seems I need a phone that can use that, cause I'm tired of this feeling of I'm being watched, LOL