Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Android "How to:" guide

Quote Originally Posted by barrymoose View Post
    Well i got it working, i enabled GSM only and restarted and it was up and running, so thanks for all the suggestions, however i cant seem to access the paid app section of the Market, and yes i am registered with google checkout and have purchased apps before...

As an aside i must say digi Edge is not bad at all compares favorably to some 3g speeds i was getting in the Uk...
    Hehe good thing you did that since digicel doesn't have 3G and you would be burning more battery life when your phone is looking for one. As for paid apps, Google restricts Android phones in certain countries from accessing them. Don't why, but there is a workaround somehwere on the net.
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

http://www.completeguides.net/01_The..._Android_Guide

guide for android its pretty cool
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

connect to wifi at least on cyanogen
    Once there is life there is hope to acheive anything.

got a htc magic last night running 2.2.1....rooted it with the 1-click method.....so now im running thru the steps 2 install cyanogen mod.....loading the SAPPIMG.nbh file i got an error, i read some blogs n forums....they say i need a "goldcard"...so im doing the method below:

Insert the SD card you want use for the goldcard into the device.
    Unmount the SD card (Settings » SD card & device storage » Unmount SD card) and then format it (Erase/Format SD card).

NOTE: This will erase everything that is on the SD card, so backup anything that is on it that you consider important.

On the device, open the Terminal Emulator and type the following command:

cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid

NOTE: If that does not work, try cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:*/cid
    but wen i run that command i get "no such file or directory found".....anyone knows how 2 solve this issue

source

i hope u re-mounted ur SDCard after formatting.. apart from that - try partitioning ur SDCard again to fit an ext Partition before u do that
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

yh man i remounted it....aight ill try partitioning it

Quote Originally Posted by barrymoose View Post
    Well i got it working, i enabled GSM only and restarted and it was up and running, so thanks for all the suggestions, however i cant seem to access the paid app section of the Market, and yes i am registered with google checkout and have purchased apps before...

As an aside i must say digi Edge is not bad at all compares favorably to some 3g speeds i was getting in the Uk...
    You probably need to get a package that will allow you to spoof your provider code (location) thus enabling it. Checkout "market enabler".
    Calm Like a BOMB

I need a keyboard that has english and spanish settings. Right now i'm getting corrected both ways when I'm typing in english and it corrects my word to spanish and vice versa.
    I want a keyboard that has both setting so i don't have to constantly change keyboard types in settings...if you understand what i mean...
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Ok having a bit of problem here. I rooted my sgsc lastnight but I'm not able to initialize the update.zip install. First I had the 3e issue so I used a script from xda to get past that. Using the latest version of clockworkmod, I've backed up and downloaded the latest version of cyanogenmod which is 7.1.0rc1 etc for the galaxy s. However after booting into clockworkmod recovery and backup is completed it says E:/ no file or directory found. I tried mounting the card from the phone but it says error mounting sdext.
    No idea what else to do...
    This is where i'm stuck at. Choosing to apply the up from sd it looks like its gonna load then something fast scrolls up and back to this. The only word I can make out is stock but its too fast to catch.

Unmount/system
    unmount/data
    unmount/cache
    unmount/sdcard
    mount/sdext (name of my 2gb card)
    format boot
    format systems
    format data
    format cache
    format sdcard
    format sd-ext
    mount usb storage

clockworkmod recovery
    E:Cant mount/dev/block/mmcblk1.p2
    (file exists)
    Error mounting sdext!
    Last edited by ShadowWolfe Hellscream; Sep 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Ok having a bit of problem here. I rooted my sgsc lastnight but I'm not able to initialize the update.zip install. First I had the 3e issue so I used a script from xda to get past that. Using the latest version of clockworkmod, I've backed up and downloaded the latest version of cyanogenmod which is 7.1.0rc1 etc for the galaxy s. However after booting into clockworkmod recovery and backup is completed it says E:/ no file or directory found. I tried mounting the card from the phone but it says error mounting sdext.
    No idea what else to do...
    This is where i'm stuck at. Choosing to apply the up from sd it looks like its gonna load then something fast scrolls up and back to this. The only word I can make out is stock but its too fast to catch.
    Im not fully understanding what you are saying but I am assuming you are trying to use the install update zip from the SD card. If you are trying to flash a custom rom you need to select the "install zip from SD" option and select the CM7 zip file from your sd card. Be sure to wipe your phone first!!!!

Also use Rom Manager to get the latest version of ClockWork Recovery.

Here is a guide to help you out

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...omplete-guide/
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Sep 22, 2011 at 11:08 AM.