Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Android "How to:" guide

HTC is quite static Kpak - id suggest you get third party apps that offer extended features..
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by kpak View Post
    Hi I recently upgraded to this phone, which is similar to the HTC Desire. I haven't seen any thread on the Inspire and would like to know how to customize the AT&T apps that came with the phone preferably the "stocks" and "news" apps.

I tried to add the RSS feeds from the available local newspapers but there is no option to do that.

Can anyone assist with this please?
    for news feeds from newspapers or websites i use Pulse

link
    https://market.android.com/details?i...so.pulse&hl=en

any other customization root and install a custom rom..
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

I've realized that being a Mac user, I was at a disadvantage in not being able to apply these mods. I gave the SGS1 to someone who installed the ICS port so that I get the full 4.0 interface and most of the features (excluding a working media player). The problem I'm having is that most of the apps that I had to download again stop opening producing an error message "Unfortunately, (app name) has stopped".

Is there a safe way for me to downgrade to the stable Cyanogen mod at this point without bricking the device?
    Yesterday, I was running the stock (out of the box firmware) and felt like seeing what I could have been missing by not purchasing a SGS2 (firmware-wise).
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I've realized that being a Mac user, I was at a disadvantage in not being able to apply these mods. I gave the SGS1 to someone who installed the ICS port so that I get the full 4.0 interface and most of the features (excluding a working media player). The problem I'm having is that most of the apps that I had to download again stop opening producing an error message "Unfortunately, (app name) has stopped".

Is there a safe way for me to downgrade to the stable Cyanogen mod at this point without bricking the device?
    Yesterday, I was running the stock (out of the box firmware) and felt like seeing what I could have been missing by not purchasing a SGS2 (firmware-wise).
    yah there is, simply download and isntall through rom manager - its fine
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

At the end of the process it still says 4.0.3 with ICS Passion version v10.5
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F

The battery life is falling too quickly. The phone isn't even being detected by Samsung Kies (on PC or Mac) although both the internal and external SD cards are mounting fine in Windows.
    I have the drivers installed, and USB Debugging enabled, but it doesn't fix my issue. I just want to revert to a stock firmware and start over.
    HTML Code:

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    The apn for lime is "internet". You don't need the IP addresses either.. its auto configured.

I have just installed frf91 after hours of trial and error, what's so hot about cm6? Is it a lighter version of the stock
    actually not too sure about that. got it with the configuration posted earlier however made no sense. Although it shows 4G the speed was just short of dial up. . A source told me Digicel was a better bet and I proved that this evening.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

This is a vid showing how to have more fun with your Android......

For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive @2:50, USB hub with keyboard and mouse @4:00, USB audio @6:48, PS3 controller and FPse @8:55, XBoX controller @11:08, MHL @14:25, Bluetooth keyboard and mouse @15:50, 1080p DivX and 10-bit via MHL @18:38, RDP with Splashtop/MHL/BT keyboard and mouse @20:05, Wiimotes and N64oid @23:57
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple