Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call of Duty online gaming must be charged

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X View Post
    you know what the funny thing is, a lot of people will still pay. gamers are some of the worst comsumers out there in the sense that they complain a lot about being robbed but they still buy the product anyway. a lot of people were complaining that the $15 price for the 3 new and 2 old maps was too expensive but the map packs sold more than bad company 2. so here is what i think is goin to happen and history has proved this. gamers will complain, sign online pettitions and when activision says they are charginh $3 a month gamers are gonna say thats not too bad of a price and pay anyways. how many americans u think would mine if they pay $3 extra on their credit card bill at the end of the month?

when World of warcraft was charging $15 a month everyone complained and 12 million people are playing the game now.

When pc gamers decided they wouldn't buy modern warfare 2 because it doesn't have dedicated servers. When u check the steam group that was dedicated to players boycotting mw2 most of them were playing the game.

On xbox live gamers complained that buying wallpapers and avatar items was not fair and that M$ should give it away free, most of them went and bought it anyways.
    I was one of the gamers who simply refused to spend the 15 dollars for the map pack initially. But since then I have bought both map packs released for mw2 (30 dollars... one more map pack and I have more or less bought the game twice), and my reason for buying the map packs was really simple. Its the only game I play.... I havent been buying any games or anything, just playing cod. So to me its like upgrading the gaming experience. When i think about it I'm willing to do that because its making an already good game better.

However paying to play the game is truly against my beliefs (number 1 reason why I will never buy an xbox 360). I already pay nuff money for the console, the add-on's, and the game.... why the hell I must pay to also play the game?

When I have to pay to play I will sell cod
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by cuban View Post
    that woulda be crap still fi charge xbox more money fi play COD...an then go charge ppl for psn for COD..frm longtime dem a try fight out the freeness enuh..an sony launch this psn+ ting..all wha gwan mi feel seh it ago jus roll over an ppl soon affi go strt pay to use psn still
    i feel so to.......... but let them do it if the same applies to black ops lets c how many ppl will buy that