Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty online gaming must be charged

Default Call of Duty online gaming must be charged

Activision's Big Boss Bobby Kotick stated clearly a few times that he is not happy about not getting anything from the millions of people playing CoD on the XBOX Live and PSN online networks. And now, Patcher has joined him saying that a subscription model for CoD online gaming might come until the end of the year.

source

Are you willing to pay extra money for online gaming? if they charge i HATE DA cause i pay for xboxlive gold
    Last edited by **ScarFace**; Jul 18, 2010 at 06:18 PM.
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

as in they seriously want to make more money of this title.......so greedy

If they start charging for online gaming their games sales will plummet. There comes a point in time when the drugs become so expensive that it's better to kick the habit
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon_kmtjerk View Post
    as in they seriously want to make more money of this title.......so greedy
    its all about money ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If they start charging for online gaming their games sales will plummet. There comes a point in time when the drugs become so expensive that it's better to kick the habit
    I concur... I'm willing to pay for the map packs and stuff. But pay for online play? Activision can go and swivel, especially since GT5 is slated to finally be released. I dont need cod after that
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

ya they want to plan on charging cuz million ppl playin cod online but i dare dem to, just make sure they have a good bankruptcy attorney around to bail them out when ALL their customers jump ship
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

that woulda be crap still fi charge xbox more money fi play COD...an then go charge ppl for psn for COD..frm longtime dem a try fight out the freeness enuh..an sony launch this psn+ ting..all wha gwan mi feel seh it ago jus roll over an ppl soon affi go strt pay to use psn still

this is crap, im pretty sure 70%+ of the people purchase this title for the online play alone, as Chris said their sales WILL plummet, i cant imagine the magnitude of havoc this will cause if they end up going through with it.

Last edited by **ScarFace**; Jul 19, 2010 at 06:09 AM.

you know what the funny thing is, a lot of people will still pay. gamers are some of the worst comsumers out there in the sense that they complain a lot about being robbed but they still buy the product anyway. a lot of people were complaining that the $15 price for the 3 new and 2 old maps was too expensive but the map packs sold more than bad company 2. so here is what i think is goin to happen and history has proved this. gamers will complain, sign online pettitions and when activision says they are charginh $3 a month gamers are gonna say thats not too bad of a price and pay anyways. how many americans u think would mine if they pay $3 extra on their credit card bill at the end of the month?

when World of warcraft was charging $15 a month everyone complained and 12 million people are playing the game now.

When pc gamers decided they wouldn't buy modern warfare 2 because it doesn't have dedicated servers. When u check the steam group that was dedicated to players boycotting mw2 most of them were playing the game.

On xbox live gamers complained that buying wallpapers and avatar items was not fair and that M$ should give it away free, most of them went and bought it anyways.
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS