Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with android devices and Lime 3g

Default Help with android devices and Lime 3g

I have a google nexus one and am having great difficulty with limes data. No matter what setting I use for data, it never moves faster than 1.6 kbps in speed tests and general brows dying is basically unusable. Claro works just fine, as does digicel, but lime has major issues

I've changed the mtu on the device and that doesn't help. It's either a network issue or a sim issue as I've noticed limes sims look different from the others in terms of how the layout of the chip section. Any one else experience this on any other device? I'm currently using claro's data but would prefer to use limes data.
    Any help is appreciated
    Google Nexus 6P™

Trust me it's not a SIM issue but a network issue. I'm currently using a lime Sim and that's the same speed I'm getting with lots of time outs in between. The only time I can use their internet at a steady rate (which is still slow by the way) is between 2AM-8AM.
    DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500)
    Tab: Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0

Yung_Jah Guest

Yeah,....its best to use the net around those times of the morning...cuz most people gone ah bed....

I tend to be surprised at the speed at which I am browsing on my non-android phone (Nokia 5800)

This is your experience using which device and in what location? Im in kingston and tried different lime sims in my device with the same results, HOWEVER, if i put the same sim in an iphone it works just fine. The issue is network/sim related in conjunction with specific devices or accounts.
    Google Nexus 6P™

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    This is your experience using which device and in what location? Im in kingston and tried different lime sims in my device with the same results, HOWEVER, if i put the same sim in an iphone it works just fine. The issue is network/sim related in conjunction with specific devices or accounts.
    same issues here on edge. Its not congestion the sour ones are doing it deliberately, try using a proxy and you will get close to normal speeds.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Yeah its not a 3g issue, its a general data issue. I don't think its a deliberate thing either, it maybe incompetence more than anything else as the iphone works just fine.
    Google Nexus 6P™

Yeah its not a 3g issue, its a general data issue. I don't think its a deliberate thing either, it maybe incompetence more than anything else as the iphone works just fine.
    all I am sayin is that using a proxy to bypass lime servers solve the problem, what does that suggest? Seems pretty fishy to me.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

LIME lazy. So them gwaan when problems come up. Either them see the problem affecting a "small" amount of people so why fix it? They are not AT&T where people will file lawsuits.
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    LIME lazy. So them gwaan when problems come up. Either them see the problem affecting a "small" amount of people so why fix it? They are not AT&T where people will file lawsuits.
    In early morning I am able to get between 9 kBps to 18 kBps and very rarely 23 kBps on my N 85.

i dont see it as a problem, but as an act of the company. How else would you explain the rise in speeds when a proxy is used? the speeds also come at a predefined value, its either 1.6kbps, 2.7kbps or 3.5kbps, nothing different... weird is it?