Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 on Nokia Booklet 3G

Default Ubuntu 10.04 on Nokia Booklet 3G

I am doing a dual boot of Win 7 and Ubuntu Lucid on my Nokia Booklet 3G... everything works fine except when I am using ubuntu and I unplug the charger the hard drive keeps trying to spin down and it makes this knocking sound... I did some research on it and it seems that Ubuntu has issues with hard drives when it goes into laptop mode...

I installed laptop mode tools and mess with the config file but it still won't help... has anyone had this problem before and is there a way I can fix this...
    Device:Samsung® Galaxy S4 OS: Android 4.2.2
    POWERED By: Verizon™

Bravo. That's an interesting device to experiment on. But you should go with a Netbook-specific spin. Maybe UNR or Easypeasy. Surely, you also read that messing with the Spin up/down settings may severly damage/destroy your drive? Here is a wiki from the distro that I use which should be very helpful in your choice of options with your distro. http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Laptop

Good luck! and post some info re your driver support and such. Like maybe a hardinfo report?

I would prefer to just turn off laptop-mode all together... as it seems no matter what I do with tweaking the power mode config file as soon as I unplug the charger I hear the hard drive making a ticking sound... I really prefer ununtu 10.04 over windows 7 starter but I can't afford to wreck my hard drive.

when I go to etc>laptop-mode>laptop-mode.conf and I set ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE_ON_BATTERY=0 ... this should disable it according to the manual but it doesn't help at all.
    Device:Samsung® Galaxy S4 OS: Android 4.2.2