Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Company offering internet (DEKAL WIRELESS)

Definitely a customer catcher, the trick is not to get locked into any long term contract. I am loyal to no communications provider. Am just riding along until the wheels fall off or until I see a wagon offering a better deal.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

The only thing that I don't like about this, is that the service is provided "AS IS and AS AVAILABLE". That's just me still. I don't think this will be a problem for someone who only have access to EDGE, unless the service is very unreliable.

I. Service provided "AS IS".
    The Service provides access to the Internet on an "as is" basis with all risks inherent in such access. Dekal makes no warranty that the Service or that any information, software, or other material accessible on the Service is free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful components. By connecting, You acknowledge and accept the risks associated with public access to the Internet and public use of an unsecured wireless network.

II. Service provided "AS AVAILABLE".
    The Service is provided on an "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, including but not limited to vagaries of weather, disruption of service, acts of God, warranties of title, non-infringement, NOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No advice or information given by the providers, affiliates, or contractors of the Service or their respective employees shall create such a warranty.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

i'll checking it out too
    "Smartphones, the World in a Small Package"

Default Unless the service is very unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    The only thing that I don't like about this, is that the service is provided "AS IS and AS AVAILABLE". That's just me still. I don't think this will be a problem for someone who only have access to EDGE, unless the service is very unreliable.
    Very good point. It will become quite transparent in the future.

this looks damn good to me

Have anyone tested this new ISP? If you have, what are your views?
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Post Tested

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    Have anyone tested this new ISP? If you have, what are your views?
    That was just what I was thinking too. Could we get someone here who has actually tried and tested this. Although we know how Jamaican peeps dont like more than 2 choices. Like our Phone Companies etc.LOL

trust me they are fast, cheap too. coverage is progressing slow tho. they started in portland port antonio. never knew they would have gone so far in other parishes. did speed test and be getting speeds of up to 6meg and sometimes 4meg. pm me for updates. im currently using the service

Why can't you post the update here for others to see? This thread is for everyone so I'd rather you openly share info rather than having peeps PM you. Please provide us with a speed test and ping test from:
    PintTest.net
    SpeedTest.net

well i used the service when it was free..promotion ended july 1st, i got a good 1month+ out of it . ping times range from 19-40ms..dont remember getting above dat. It was very unstable at first which is understandable, they started out with a 1mb package and recently upped it to 4mb/256kb up. During the trial i did experience up to 6mb. but that was very inconsistent.

anyway..service is as they say on the tin, only noticeable exception i can say would be...throughout the trial i experienced constant stable 512 upload speeds which would be roughly 60+ kbps, now their final product is advertising 256kb.
    i am also a bit annoyed that they have so much access points which they use for advertising, kinda creates interference when i'm trying to connect to my neighbors open lime wifi.

Dude, Aren't the "good things that come to those who wait" just the leftovers from the people who got them first.