Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Reminds Users Of Auto SP2 Update Deadline

Default Re: Microsoft Reminds Users Of Auto SP2 Update Deadline

So what happens when SP2 fails to install because someone is running an illegal copy of XP. What do you think Microsoft will do?
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

for now, what i know, nothing. just keep offline and you should be chris. dude its only $4k mach for the oem version of XP. u must can invest in a that.
    Nickname: Virus
    Education: B.Sc. Computer Information Science, Asc. Mass Communication, MCSD, MCSE and CCNA

Can you techies explain to me your qualms about SP2? I have it on my computer at work and the only thing that annoys me about it is that, whenever i'm on a site, it blocks certain pop-ups that prove useful. E.g. Hotmail = the opo-up that tells you whoever is over there storage limit.

Other than that I'm fine. Except, I know someone with a illegal copy of XP, do you think they may suffer consequences as a result of this new ""Microsoft Squeezing?"

Why would you be over the storage limit? Haven't they upgraded your mailbox size yet?
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

nope not for Jamaica. we have to manually change it.
    Nickname: Virus
    Education: B.Sc. Computer Information Science, Asc. Mass Communication, MCSD, MCSE and CCNA

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh
    Why would you be over the storage limit? Haven't they upgraded your mailbox size yet?
    Not mine. Say I have a friend that, hasn't checked their mail in a while and they have been getting mail all this time. Then THEY would be over their storage limit. Hotmail has a pop-up that relays that information. Which is always blocked as a result of SP2

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara
    Not mine. Say I have a friend that, hasn't checked their mail in a while and they have been getting mail all this time. Then THEY would be over their storage limit. Hotmail has a pop-up that relays that information. Which is always blocked as a result of SP2
    by pressing and holding down the CTRL key should disable the pop-up blocker or u can go to tools--->pop-up blocker and turn it off in internet explorer
    "Babylon Ah Listen From Oh so Far"

Let see if the Big and Bad Mr. M$ can install that crap that they call SP2 on my box.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

i think this only works when you have autoupdate on or when you go to get the service pack from the v4 site.....
    it doesnt mean its gonna auto connect and do it.....

switch off autoupdate and everting crisp....

switch off autoupdate and get no more windows update at all
    The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.