Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testing Apache through DynDNS

Default Up by weekend

Ok well waiting to see this, hope its sorted out by then .

Started work on it again. For some reason the video tutorial is not working for me so I'm running on memory, so let me know if it doesn't work for you. Tomorrow I'll copy my website over to see if that works locally.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Default Up and running

Just woke up for my usual blogging attack LOL decided to try your home page and pleased to see that it's working perfectly ...tutorial and everything. Well done

The electricity service was interrupted by JPS from 2pm to just now, which is why it was offline. When the power came back on the router assigned a new IP to my PC so I had to change the port forwarding to match the new IP.

I need to change the location apache serves the website from /var/www to a location on my /home/<username> location so that a re-installation of the OS doesn't delete the website. I'll look into that first.

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    I need to change the location apache serves the website from /var/www to a location on my /home/<username> location so that a re-installation of the OS doesn't delete the website. I'll look into that first.
    Ok, found out if I edited the /etc/apache2/sites-available/default file and adjusted the following lines:

* Document Root
    * Directory

to point to /home/ramesh2/web

all I had to do was then restart apache:

Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
    Now when I open http://localhost/ it points to my site on /home/ramesh2/web

RIP Ramesh ...

I've added an ftp server. You can login to the server by using the command :

ftp rameshdar1.homelinux.org
    user: tjftpuser
    pass: techjamaica
    A test transfer of an image file from my Ubuntu Desktop (using FLOW 8MB connection) to my Windows Desktop (LIME 4MB connection) downloaded 307,272 bytes in 103 seconds.
    Last edited by ramesh; Jul 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM.

RIP Ramesh ...

Necro. Just because

Anyways - DYNDNS is no longer free. Found a few different solutions and currently using this free one. Check it out if you still need something like this.

https://www.dynu.com
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".