Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: big up to all the long time newbies

Default big up to all the long time newbies

yes a quick mention for the long time newbies.....who have joined and are still looking in through the window and wont pass through the doors of posting.....you know who you are.... ;D
    ........we can seeeeee youuuu........

big up to the massif's....

Default Re:big up to all the long time newbies

I will second you on that one Deakus. At one point I genuinely thought there was a massive WJ exodus coming to the site, only to realise that these gents and ladies were actually here from the very inception of the site, with no posts to show for it. I'm talking major WJ posters (some of them former). We seem to get an awful lot of traffic from members of that site.

What's even more perplexing Deakus, is that there are more Techies on WJ than there are on TJ - Now how does one explain that? I'm as confused as you are. Either way, we welcome the lot. With that said, I'm happy to note that this may be because we've freed more minds in the last 3 months than we have in the last 3 quarters. Site membership (and participation) have jumped exponentially. However there are still many more readers, than posters.

I hope they don't feel the least bit intimidated by the site content - which I must say, I'm vehemently proud of. Hats off to our uncompromising mods for the excellent Jobs they do keeping site content on the professional level. We can only hope that our long time friends find their niche on the site somewhere. There's a little bit of everything for everyone. 8)

So hit that 'reply' button and sound off folks. There must be something you have to say.

I'll also join in bigging up the veteran newbies ;D We're glad you joined and will be even happier when you post once you're ready. Everyone has something to contribute (techie AND non-techie alike) so please don't feel like you don't measure up to the techie standard (as if there's any).

Don't be shy. Just sign in and say hello. Thats all we ask.

For now at least

I've had the same feelings too. there have been many new members and while a couple of them post quite regularly (Only about two handsfull) the rest are quite dormant or only comeo ut once in a pink moon :-\.

If many of them are intimidated by the likes of Xeno or Gillions post (I know I was), it will only serve to better them, afterall its by associating with wise persons that one truly becomes wise. I have learned alot from the posts of other members no matter how long or ow short it may be. Although we have had our disagreements sometimes it helps. With all that in mind I've created a new thread for our newbies to post in if they have any questions on hardware and/or software or any tech-related discussions and probably thee can be moved to the relevant boards afterward.

http://www.techjamaica.com/tech_foru...;threadid=3689

[quote author=DevNull<<Digitally Remastered>> link=board=25;threadid=2492;start=0#msg34029 date=1082124307]

If many of them are intimidated by the likes of Xeno or Gillions post (I know I was)

[/quote]

LMAO but ne way it is the truth, after being referred to a few of thier threads by mitchie i realized what level of thinking these guys where on.. they never even heard of the box (that everybody else thinkingint) visionary's i say, very utopian in they thoughts, well maybe not that good ;D

true dat ;D

[quote author=DevNull<<Digitally Remastered>> link=board=25;threadid=2492;start=0#msg34029 date=1082124307]... With all that in mind I've created a new thread for our newbies to post in if they have any questions on hardware and/or software or any tech-related discussions and probably thee can be moved to the relevant boards afterward.

http://www.techjamaica.com/tech_foru...;threadid=3689
    [/quote]

Very good idea devnull

get me that cable for the C332 and u will be hearing a lot more from me...................... ;D ;D ;D

For now it will be as is...........